PDA

View Full Version : BB email question (getting my Earthlink emails)

brill
03-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Hello,

Maybe someone can explain this to me, and make corrections if I am wrong and maybe provide me with an answer.

I just got the BB 8700C from Cingular. I notice that the Cingular/Blackberry online webmail allows me to add my Earthlink account and from then on, any emails that are sent to Earthlink also come to the Blackberry.

But from what I can see (and correct me if I am wrong). This means that Blackberry must continually poll my Earthlink account (either constantly or at intervals) in order to "get" my earthlink email. (I don't see how earthlink could "push" email to the BB.

In any event, instead of this, would it be better for me not to add "earthlink" as an account on the Cingular/Blackberry site and instead have my Earthlink account forward a copy of every email I get to my BB Cingular account? Would this be a more timely solution?

I am looking for the combination that allows for the fastest delivery of my earthlink emails to my BB. I hope the question makes sense.

Thanks

murpheous
03-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Yes, forward your earthlink email to your cingular webmail. Much faster than pop