PDA

View Full Version : Missing M shortcut..Help

jethrov
03-02-2006, 04:10 PM
I can no longer access any of the applications by pressing a corresponding letter after I upgraded the Bosses Blackberry from a 7720 2.6 os to a 8700. I used to press "M" for Mail, etc. Does anyone have any clue how can I get the "shortcuts" back?

I've tried ....
Go into the phone application
Click the wheel, select options
Click the wheel, select General Options

But I don't have the Set Dial From Home Screen to No option....

Thanks in advance,

johnfromphilly
03-02-2006, 04:18 PM
error in posting- you tried my suggestion already. Dial from home screen should be 3rd from bottom in General Options.

jethrov
03-02-2006, 04:27 PM
it's not listed in General Options :( 3rd from the bottom is Phone List View. But thanks man...

jethrov
03-03-2006, 03:50 AM
Hang on!! I think I've cracked it. I tried on another 8700 and it worked! so will flatten the first one and remove service books and try again. Thanks for your help, the boss will be happy again!!

Stinsonddog
03-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Add the C and Q shortcut too. These are on my Tips site as must have apps along with a pdf for him to supercharge his shortcuting.

Hang on!! I think I've cracked it. I tried on another 8700 and it worked! so will flatten the first one and remove service books and try again. Thanks for your help, the boss will be happy again!!

blake.blake
03-03-2006, 04:20 PM
well i looked too, and how exactly do i add the C key to compose from my home screen. this is one of the biggest gripes of my 8700 is that i have to hit m then c to make a message. im a short cut junkie.