PDA

View Full Version : 7105t and Bluetooth GPS Receivers

bryanparke
03-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi all. I was poking around at the various navigation systems out there, like telenav. When on the telenav site, if you select that you have a 7105t from t-mobile, they say you need the external bluetooth gps receiver. I understand why this is needed since the 7105t does not have a built in receiver like the nextel bb's. However, when I go poking around to find out if the bluetooth hardware/software on the 7105t actually supports talking to a gps receiver, I can confirm that it would even work.

My question is this, has anyone actually tried using an external bluetooth gps receiver with a 7105t? If so, how'd it go? I'm running the HK CSL 4.1 on my 7105t and it shows the following services for bluetooth: Headset, Handsfree, Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass.

Thanks for your help and expertise.

Bryan

bb7105t
03-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey there...

I have a TMobile 7105t like you and purchased a pricey TomTom 300 nav system based on bluetooth connectibility.
I got the 7105t and the 300 to recognize each other, but when I enter passwords, the both dump me.
I contacted TomTom to which I got the canned response, "we are working on making as many bluetooth enabled phones as possible compatible with our nav systems. We are sorry, but please keep checking back in the future."
I guess what I am saying is it should work depending on what you purchase. At this point, I would not reccommend TomTom products.....Let me know how you do. A

flarjs
09-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Hi all. I was poking around at the various navigation systems out there, like telenav. When on the telenav site, if you select that you have a 7105t from t-mobile, they say you need the external bluetooth gps receiver. I understand why this is needed since the 7105t does not have a built in receiver like the nextel bb's. However, when I go poking around to find out if the bluetooth hardware/software on the 7105t actually supports talking to a gps receiver, I can confirm that it would even work.

My question is this, has anyone actually tried using an external bluetooth gps receiver with a 7105t? If so, how'd it go? I'm running the HK CSL 4.1 on my 7105t and it shows the following services for bluetooth: Headset, Handsfree, Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass.

Thanks for your help and expertise.

Bryan
works fine on my 7105t using a pharos and spot for blackberry software.