PDA

View Full Version : 4.1.0.284 - Can't assign convenience key to address book

spare
03-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Before I updated I had my front key assigned to bring up the address book. When I updated I noticed it wasn't working so I went into the 'Options>Screen/Keyboard' to confirm the setting. The 'address book' option is not on the list anymore under the convenience key setting?!

Anyone else notice this or know where it went?

celcius
03-03-2006, 12:34 AM
I updated as well. Just checked and you are right, Address Book is not there for both Convenience Keys.

hf1khal
03-03-2006, 12:38 AM
For some reason the center front key is still assigned for the address book. All stayed the same. One thing that I see in there where it says front key assignnment and it shows "Nothing". Try to set it at this and see what happens.

Seattle18
03-03-2006, 12:44 AM
I just use the other shortcut to get to address book - hold down green send key for 2 seconds.

spare
03-03-2006, 12:45 AM
Unfortunately, nothing. If you change it from 'Nothing' to any other setting you will lose this feature like I did.

spare
03-03-2006, 12:47 AM
Thanks Seattle. Didn't know about the send key shortcut. Works great!

hf1khal
03-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Unfortunately, nothing. If you change it from 'Nothing' to any other setting you will lose this feature like I did.

OK, I am not going to touch it then.

Stinsonddog
03-03-2006, 07:36 AM
A is for Address Book, Green Send Key is for Dial By Name.

I have set my side key to call up the application list. I still like my center key set to the Browsers.

hf1khal
03-03-2006, 10:00 AM
I would use that feature but the phone book is more than a phone book for me as I have a lot of other info there. That feature is great for dialing but not much more when full info is needed on a contact.

Seattle18
03-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I would use that feature but the phone book is more than a phone book for me as I have a lot of other info there. That feature is great for dialing but not much more when full info is needed on a contact.
Read the post directly above yours ^^^^

The "A" key is a shortcut to the address book.

hf1khal
03-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Yes but one would need to default into the short cuts. I use the quick dial big time especialy when I am on the road. I wish they had voice dial as this would have made things better.

Seattle18
03-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Yes but one would need to default into the short cuts. I use the quick dial big time especialy when I am on the road. I wish they had voice dial as this would have made things better.
I only recently switched to the short cut method because I really liked just dialing to place a call. But after I did I realized just how much I had been missing without using it. It makes things much easier, and there are more options available when using the short cuts. If you really think about it, you only have to press the send key one time before dialing to bring up the quick dial method, now that's pretty darn simple. I could understand if you had to open up a program or press a few keys or something, but ONE key press - very little to ask of you, isn't it?

hf1khal
03-03-2006, 11:04 AM
OK one more thing I learned today. I am now changing it. OK Now I have to find the place to turn off the short custs. I am a total spaz today. LOL

Seattle18
03-03-2006, 11:11 AM
OK one more thing I learned today. I am now changing it. OK Now I have to find the place to turn off the short custs. I am a total spaz today. LOL
In the Phone mode select Options > General Options > Dial From Home screen > turn off.

hf1khal
03-03-2006, 11:24 AM
I have find the time and read up the short cut guide. Thanks, you made it easier for me but now I have to memorize all. So far got most.

rica1234
03-04-2006, 06:59 PM
I had the same issue. I also have an issue with the Names not coming up when people call who are in the address book. Only numbers come up with no personalized ringtone either. The funny thing is that after the call ends it lists the call correctly. Anyone else having this issue? I think I'm going to downgrade back to cingular's .194 release.

hf1khal
03-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Not an issue with mine. the name and number in the phone book appear as it is supposed to be.

xkon
03-04-2006, 11:11 PM
I had the same issue. I also have an issue with the Names not coming up when people call who are in the address book. Only numbers come up with no personalized ringtone either. The funny thing is that after the call ends it lists the call correctly. Anyone else having this issue? I think I'm going to downgrade back to cingular's .194 release.

I have had that happen too - not lately though, on 4.0 and 4.1 releases. Usually what I have to do to get it back is wipe, reload and reactivate. I did try removing databases one by one with no luck. Try backup, wipe, reload.