PDA

View Full Version : weather problem 7250

chucker
03-03-2006, 01:01 AM
It locks up everytime i try to enter city code. i have also tried it with mds proxy disabled. What gives? chucker

looneytunes
03-03-2006, 02:41 AM
maybe try rebooting the phone

chucker
03-03-2006, 06:46 AM
tried that several times. chucker

chucker
03-04-2006, 09:14 AM
bump

again, I've read everything on this site for this over the last 2 days, whew.. Help I know someone knows, I just aint geeky enough to keep up with this BES, MED, to me its a POS 'cause the knowledge to run this stuff is not in one place and in simple terms. Help.

thks in advance, chucker

jbairdjr
03-04-2006, 10:49 AM
I think if you need help with this we need more info.
What weather are you trying to use?
Is it a web page or program?

chucker
03-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks, its the bbweather from sourceforge. Over the air, etc. I loaded it direct into my browser and it loaded fine. It just wont accept my city code ...........either the Zip code or my USNC0022 which is the code for Asheville, NC. It locks up the sreeen when I type it in under an "edit" command. If I try to enter (either code) under an "add" command it just does nothing when you hit OK with the thumb wheel or enter button. It either "locks" up and you have to pull the battery or it does nothing.

thanks chuck

KonTiki
03-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Whenever I have had trouble with bbweather, I have unistalled it, shut it off. Put the battery back in rebooted and reinstalled it. Ussually then it works fine.

chucker
03-04-2006, 09:12 PM
kon tiki, thanks for the reply. Did all of that several days ago, man its deeper than that, i have a setting or firewall or some kind of server issue or something thats blocking it??? chucker