PDA

View Full Version : 8700 and BB Owners Rejoice... [BlackBerry networks STAYS UP!]

Ecbbu2
03-03-2006, 05:24 PM
It appears the patent dispute has been settled. Have a good - push email friendly - weekend.

DuckWingDuck
03-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Research In Motion Ltd. agreed to pay $612.5 million to settle its long-running legal dispute with patent firm NTP Inc., defusing a standoff that had threatened to halt BlackBerry email service.

In a statement Friday, RIM said it had reached a "full and final settlement of all claims" against the company. The agreement, which has been approved by the court, includes a "perpetual" license to use NTP patents, RIM said.

-- http://online.wsj.com/article/SB114142276287788965.html?mod=home_whats_news_us

14pups
03-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Research In Motion Ltd. agreed to pay $612.5 million to settle its long-running legal dispute with patent firm NTP Inc., defusing a standoff that had threatened to halt BlackBerry email service.

In a statement Friday, RIM said it had reached a "full and final settlement of all claims" against the company. The agreement, which has been approved by the court, includes a "perpetual" license to use NTP patents, RIM said.

-- http://online.wsj.com/article/SB114142276287788965.html?mod=home_whats_news_us

Who wants to bet me that TMO roles out the 8700 NEXT WEEk??

NJBlackBerry
03-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Actually I sent a note to our T-Mobile rep - who beat almost everyone to the punch with a very early e-mail on the settlement and asked the same thing.

I sent him a note asking if the 8700 would come out on Monday ;-) and he said "Sorry one has nothing to do with the other. The 8700 release date is the same. Late March hopefully."

DuckWingDuck
03-03-2006, 06:25 PM

TMO was the first to stand behind RIM's workaround software and jibi & njblackberry have already basically confirmed that in a few weeks, TMO will have the 8700g. All of this had been in motion.

Update: Damn! NJ must be directly plugged into the server or something!

Mark Rejhon
03-03-2006, 06:30 PM
GREAT NEWS! Finally, about time!

Note: Due to the massiveness of this news, one duplicate thread of this topic is temporarily allowed for now in each general-area topic because not everyone visits RIM Stock/Legal forom.

rcbjr
03-03-2006, 06:50 PM
GREAT NEWS! Finally, about time!

Note: Due to the massiveness of this news, one duplicate thread of this topic is temporarily allowed for now in each general-area topic because not everyone visits RIM Stock/Legal forom.
---
Mark,

PLEASE, can't I have just one "I told you so! ;-)

Thanks for your Help.
Rcbjr

cblackberrynyc
03-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Watch out theres gonna alot of BB sales. Anyone heave access to any of the BB sales info? Bet like the stock price, there's gonna be a sales spike form all those waiting to see what was going on. Poor palm, and microshaft the window is closed. BB stays on top.

It appears the patent dispute has been settled. Have a good - push email friendly - weekend.

Fireproof
03-03-2006, 09:07 PM
This is awesome news. I'm glad the suit include the perpetual license and that it's all over at this point. I can't wait for the 8700g to be mine in a couple/few weeks. The wait is killing me!!

14pups
03-03-2006, 09:10 PM

TMO was the first to stand behind RIM's workaround software and jibi & njblackberry have already basically confirmed that in a few weeks, TMO will have the 8700g. All of this had been in motion.

Update: Damn! NJ must be directly plugged into the server or something!

I suspect the "motion" referenced above somehow now will pick up pace.

When the bottom line is impacted things have a tendency to get fixed quicker and the "company line" is magically re-worded.

We'll see.