PDA

View Full Version : IM+ on 7100 with TELCEL Mexico

Soyuzx21
03-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Hi there
i have the im+ for wap installed on my bb 7100g with telcel in mexico, but i cant configure it to work....does anyone the configurations??? plsssssss :bb:

jchavez
03-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi, I also have a BB 7100g with TELCEL in Mexico and to configure for use IM+ you need to know the next:

Are you using BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server)? If you are a Corporate user may be this is your choice. Ask your Systems Adminstrator if MDS (Mobile Data Service) is enabled and if the answer is YES just install de IM+ version for this option.

Otherwise you need to use the TCP/IP connection (if you have OS greater than 3.8) and with TELCEL you will pay a lot of money. This connection is similar to use GPRS in other mobile phone and you will pay per every KB used (incoming and outgoing).

If you want to use TCP/IP connection I can give you the information that need the configuration of APN, username and Pasword for TELCEL.

If you want more information feel free to contact me at BB PIN: 2037A235 (send a PIN is like send an email, just choose the option REDACTAR PIN in spanish)

pbc
10-03-2006, 12:02 PM
In order to make IM+ or QuickIM work for BBerry without BES, you need to set up TCP APN for TELCEL network.

APN TELCEL:

APN: internet.itelcel.com
user: webgprs
pwd: webgprs2002

BEWARE: you WILL be charge for GPRS conection !! So use it wisely, otherwise you will bet a BIG invoice. So much for UNLIMITED INTERNET !!!