PDA

View Full Version : 7100v

mogruith
03-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi Blackberry's list

I have several question about my blackerry :

- How do I upgade my RIM OS version ? Where can I find last release and how I put it on my 7100v (Desktop software ?) ?
- Which program do I have to use to put .jar software inside my blackerry ?
- How can I change theme ? And where can I find new one ?
- Can I spell the name of someone I want to call ti my blackberry ? I mean, if I say bob to my blackberry, is it able to call bob ? Do I need a specific software ?
- If I find a java software from nokia for example, can I put it on my blackerry ? Is there a "java compatiblity" between different pda ?

Well, that's all for the moment.

Thanks for any answer ...

go2duke
03-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Man you are going to get hammered...bad... little advice is to check around via search first...

0. Read your docs/help ANYTHING...search too.
1. Don't try upgrading until you have a slight clue of where you are with what you have.. that will jsut invite many more questions.
2. All programs in the BB are installed via OTA (over the air) or app loader (part of desktop sw).. not sure about jar files
3. Search... Themes has it's own forum
4. NO
5. non-specifc questions.. so non-specific answer.. "maybe"...

So, to summarize, you need to READ before you WRITE and in this case walk before you run. Most of you questions outside of the theme question are advanced items and you are obvisouly not there yet. Just sit back, relax, get a drink and read all the forums and learn.

And welcome to the blackberry forums...

-G2D