PDA

View Full Version : PIN Question

Shelveen
03-06-2006, 08:46 PM
hey guys

im new to blackberry...im was a treo 650 user on the cingular network for quite a while...i havent purchased my 8700c yet...but im planning to soon...very soon...i was just wondering what PIN is and does the blackberry come with MS word or excel and what is BES? and im gonna use the blackberry to basically use for AIM/YAHOO/MSN Messenger and forwarding my yahoo email to my blackberry...oh yeah is the email instant...and im gonna write emails from my blackberry. is this a good phone for me...im not gonna use it for talking.

jisaacs
03-06-2006, 08:50 PM
The blackberry 8700c is a great phone. It doesnt have the IM capibilities as the Sidekick 2 does, and no it doesnt come with MS word or Excel, those are applications you can buy from different companies and use on your bb. The email on a blackberry is great, its a fast as your gonna need. If your looking for a phone to do a lot of IM's this would probley not be the phone for you. The Blackberry Entiprise Server is for when your company pushes your corprate email out to your blackberry divice.

hf1khal
03-06-2006, 08:55 PM
for IM I am using the IM+ WAP version as it uses the BB APN and will not incure any costs. That is the only program that I have found that does not require a BES server connection or an annual subscribtion.

DuckWingDuck
03-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Does IM+ support all the various chat protocols? And I agree with jisaacs, if you're getting this as a chatting device, then this isn't the phone for y

hf1khal
03-06-2006, 10:07 PM
IM+ supports Yahoo, ICQ, AOL, MSN, Jabber, Google talk

Shelveen
03-06-2006, 11:18 PM
hey guys i was just gonna use teh Verisign for my IM needs...and regarding the microsoft word and excel...i thought the manual said that you could open these emails and view them...did i read something wrong?? im not gonna use it for the enterprise emails...but my personal yahoo email...and i think i can also recieve emails from other blackberries through the PIN or something like that...can someone elaborate on this feature?

thanks in advance

shelveen

hf1khal
03-06-2006, 11:21 PM
You can view them but most of the time they come in in parts. I had some that came out in one part and others that came in in multiples.