PDA

View Full Version : 7130e Users On Verizon U Paying Your Bill???

mezorn26
03-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Knowing that most of us a buggy phone right now, that really should be in BETA,
Do you plan on calling verizon and trying to get money off the BB data plan you pay for? Fact is I purchased this phone because of the FAST EVDO service, which my phone rarely holds, and I am in the heart of NYC. There is no reason why I, or any of us should be paying for service that WE DO NOT GET!

Any suggestions on how best to handle this? Has anyone taken any steps yet for a partial months or full months refund on the data service?

finch
03-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Have it swapped out under warranty.
Do you plan on calling verizon and trying to get money off the BB data plan you pay for? Fact is I purchased this phone because of the FAST EVDO service, which my phone rarely holds, and I am in the heart of NYC. There is no reason why I, or any of us should be paying for service that WE DO NOT GET!

Any suggestions on how best to handle this? Has anyone taken any steps yet for a partial months or full months refund on the data service?

mezorn26
03-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Have it swapped out under warranty.

OY, HERE WE GO....I T I S N OOOOOO T T H E P H O N E

trifster
03-07-2006, 09:50 AM
mezorn26,

Get the bell 7130e upgrade. your vzw 7130e EVDO will be perfect.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=6C3CF77D52820CD0FE646D38BC2145CA

Get the software for the 7130e. Install the .exe you download. Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml to end .old.

Connect blackberry. Install upgrade. Patience, takes time.

Awesome EVDO.

mezorn26
03-07-2006, 09:55 AM
mezorn26,

Get the bell 7130e upgrade. your vzw 7130e EVDO will be perfect.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=6C3CF77D52820CD0FE646D38BC2145CA

Get the software for the 7130e. Install the .exe you download. Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml to end .old.

Connect blackberry. Install upgrade. Patience, takes time.

Awesome EVDO.

I appreciate your help...However, you are not correct...There are mixed reviews on the that upgrade...some say it worked, some say not...I have it and it does not work...

crackedoutontheblack
03-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I downloaded the Bell upgrade last night, hoping it will alleviate the reboot with my Bluetooth and EVDO issues. What pisses me off is that I live in the capital of NY and we don't have EVDO service here. I asked the folks at Verizon when the EV rollout will be in and around the Albany and all they tell me is that its coming, will never commit to a ballpark date.....

I travel often to Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo (no EVDO here yet either) & Manhattan often for work and things have been ok with the EVDO even with the old VZW software - I have only received the "Data Connection Refused" a few times.

scaredpoet
03-07-2006, 11:03 AM

I haven't had any issues. I'm running the Bell OS however.

If it's really that bad, you could always get a 7250 and upgrade to the current OS, which allows EVDO connections.

apple85
03-07-2006, 11:38 AM
I have the Bell now and it runs perfectly I haven't gotten a DCR at alllllllll. I'm stoked. But I do plan on calling and asking for some sort of adjustment regardless...