PDA

View Full Version : Auto signature will not change!?!

pyro451
03-07-2006, 09:58 AM
I am a new 'berry user and have searched the forum for this problem with no luck yet.

I have an 8700c with OS 4.1.0.194 and I am on a corporate BES (our own server). I do not have the desktop application installed since we sych wireless with a Notes roaming profile.

When I change the auto signature on my berry (or turn it off completely) my old signature continues to be appended to email. This is very annoying, especially since I have a typo in my old sig.

I have rebooted the device and reconciled it with no change.

Any help here?

Thanks,
Steve

Stinsonddog
03-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Might try in the BES admin forum. Suspect that is it. Try installing the DM and change it there. Also might want to ugrade to .284 and that should refresh things. Good luck and let us know.

cschrage
03-07-2006, 10:20 AM
You may want to also contact your Blackberry Admin, they can change your auto sig at the BES level.
This could assist you with troubleshooting the issue.

pyro451
03-07-2006, 10:32 AM
You may want to also contact your Blackberry Admin, they can change your auto sig at the BES level.
This could assist you with troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did go and talk with our BES administrator and he could not find any setting for auto sig in my record. We are running BES 4.0 and have frankly very little experience with anything out of the ordinary.

I may try to install the desktop application and then .284 if it doesn't work. If I install .284 do I have to re-do the enterprise activation?

chrisl
03-07-2006, 10:52 AM
^ Yes you will, but you can do this wired via the DTM software

pyro451
03-07-2006, 04:33 PM
^ Yes you will, but you can do this wired via the DTM software

I talked with another BES admin who was a bit more savvy. He changed my sig for me on the BES and all is well now. I still don't know why it wouldn't work from the berry.

It worked from the berry before. That is how I originally set it up.