PDA

View Full Version : how to delete or format a blackberry

tonyjones
03-07-2006, 09:59 AM
hello guys

i jus recently bought a bb7230 and had it set up by vodafone for my email account but the problem is i can't recieve the service book everytime they send me 1 and its on gprs instead of GPRS, they have told me to delete all the info or the bb because the bb keeps info on it's first set-up but how do i do this?

guys i don't know if this is the right forum but i really realy need your help.

thank you

d_fisher
03-07-2006, 10:12 AM
*WARNING* This will remove all user information from the device. Perform a backup if you don't wan to loose any information.

Options > Security > press scroll wheel, Wipe Handheld. Follow the prompts.

tonyjones
03-07-2006, 10:23 AM
thanks but can i get the blackberry browser back on the home screen if i do that

aergina
03-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Register your HandHeld via HRT in the Options Menu

darkguard
03-10-2006, 02:37 PM
How do I format it so its back to factory default, cause WIPE does not remove the application and my blackberry is crashing...

The application I want to remove dont even figure in the option - applications menu...

Need a way to restore to factory default with NO user data or Application data...

NJBlackBerry
03-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Locate a copy of "Javaloader" on these forums.
Download and unzip it.
Connect the BB, open a DOS prompt and type

javaloader -usb wipe

That will wipe out the OS and data completely. Nothing left at all. Then you have to completely reload the handheld operating system.

d_fisher
03-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Need a way to restore to factory default with NO user data or Application data...Download JL_Cmder from the link in my signature. This will format the BlackBerry. No software, no OS, no nothing except an 505/507 error. Use the instructions provided HERE (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871) to download the latest OS and reinstall it. When the application loader says its finished, the BlackBerry still has 15-30 minutes to go. In other words, be patient.

scionxb
03-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Can you please update the link you listed as "HERE" its not valid. I want to try this..

d_fisher
03-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Can you please update the link you listed as "HERE" its not valid. I want to try this..Sorry, doing too many things at one time. Link fixed.

je61
09-30-2007, 09:02 PM
wat thehell that program doesnt vene open
it opens then instantly closes

NJBlackBerry
09-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Huh? You opened up an 18 month old thread and wrote that.
Let's try again. In a complete sentence and without cursing. Please.