PDA

View Full Version : Data Connection refused Message

Shelveen
03-07-2006, 01:18 PM
How do i get rid of this guys...Data Connection refused? and i want to forward my yahoo mail to this but it says i need yahoo plus or something...how do i get this? help please emergency

takeshi
03-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Call the carrier Blackberry tech support. Either there's a problem with provisioning, an outage, or you don't have a Blackberry data plan. In pretty much all cases you'll need the carrier's assistance.

Fkewl
03-07-2006, 02:08 PM
omho, there's a few mission-critical information missing

-> what gives you that message ? The BB? Yahoo? BIS?
-> how where you trying to forward your yahoo? from your yahoo acnt ? from the BIS ?

lgreenberg
03-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Somtimes removing the battery, waiting a few seconds and then re-inserting it clears up the data connection refused message.

In regards to your Yahoo problem. I'm guessing you're trying to foward your Yahoo mail to the BWC. In which case you need your Yahoo account to be POP3. Yahoo does not offer the POP3 feature for free. You have to pay for it. It's part of Yahoo Mail Plus and costs $19.99 for the year.

Shelveen
03-08-2006, 12:33 PM
i think there is somethign wrong with the yahoo upgrade process becuase it keeps saying that the credit card number is invalid...there has to be a way around this

Fkewl
03-15-2006, 09:48 AM
yes, get another credit card number ;)

psymin
03-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Every time I've seen this (always on a new BB) it's been because the provider has not applied the blackberry data service properly to the SIM. Start with them first.