PDA

View Full Version : Can't access Blackberry support from Blackberry!

mj1204
03-07-2006, 01:58 PM
EDIT: It seems its related to the fact that its not using the proper blackberry browser...any ideas how to get it on Vodaphone UK.

Cheesrs

I recieved my first blackberry today - 8700. I'm pretty impressed with it.

I'm having a problem I havent been able to find the answer to on google and on here.

When I navigate to 'Download Themes' I given the message 'Sorry themes are not available for your blackberry device...require devices running software 4.1 or higher'

When I go for ringtones 'Requires devices higher than 3.7'

When I go for support same message.

Any ideas? I'm also unable to change my homepage away from the one set by my network.

Cheers

rcbjr
03-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Try logging into your Blackberry Webclient site from a PC and from the Profile Page I think or the Options page, select "Send Sevrice Books" or if there is a second Command Buttion "Send Internet Browser" click it also.

Hope this Helps.
Rcbjr

993Turbo
03-07-2006, 07:42 PM
You need to use the BlackBerry Browser. Choose Blackberry HELP! from there and you will get into the Extras. I downloaded the Wave-Icon theme last night. Pretty nice.

coreyg510
03-07-2006, 08:05 PM
You need to use the BlackBerry Browser. Choose Blackberry HELP! from there and you will get into the Extras. I downloaded the Wave-Icon theme last night. Pretty nice.

Maybe its just me, but i couldnt get to what you were describing

993Turbo
03-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Maybe its just me, but i couldnt get to what you were describing
First, I am on Cingular with BES.

I have three Browsers: BlackBerry, Cingular and Internet Browser.

I can open the BlackBerry Browser, then Bookmarks, Links, BlackBerry Help!

This link then takes me to official BlackBerry HELP! that has links for ringtones, games, themes, extras. many are no charge.

coreyg510
03-07-2006, 08:56 PM
must just be BES

993Turbo
03-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Try:

www.blackberry.com/mobile/help/default

jibi
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Once you open the browser, click the trackwheel and choose Options. I think its under the Configuration option, but make sure its not emulating another browser (such as IE or Netscape).

rcbjr
03-07-2006, 10:03 PM
must just be BES
On BIS, and only two browsers, cingular and internet, but ion my bookmarks page I have
-Links
Blackberry Help
+Cingular Browser
+Blackberry Browser

BB Help takes me to the extras site where the Downloads are. Any bookmark under the cingular browser uses that browser and those under the Blackberry Browser use the Internet Browser.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

rossf
03-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Vodafone lock you out of any other browser on BIS
I know, I'm in the same boat, only in Melbourne Australia

coreyg510
03-07-2006, 11:13 PM
On BIS, and only two browsers, cingular and internet, but ion my bookmarks page I have
-Links
Blackberry Help
+Cingular Browser
+Blackberry Browser

BB Help takes me to the extras site where the Downloads are. Any bookmark under the cingular browser uses that browser and those under the Blackberry Browser use the Internet Browser.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

Very good!! Bravo sir. Found it and looks pretty cool. See, I learned something new

mj1204
03-08-2006, 05:32 AM
The problem seems to be the fact that Vodafone have the thing locked down with their own crappy version of the browser. I can't find a way to get the proper blackberry browser...tried the help section on here, resent the service book.

UnSuprisingly, when you call them they dont have a clue what you're talking about!!

Ideas please. Surely it can be downloaded as an app.

swatkins1
03-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Where can I download the Blackberry Browser? The only browser I am seeing on my 7290 is the cingular browser, and you really can do much on that one.

xombi
03-09-2006, 08:41 AM
Sorry but unfortunately Vodafone don't support the BIS browser currently. If you have an 8700 you could try opera mini it still wont be as useful as the BIS browser and you still wont be able to download themes etc unfortunately but it's a slight improvement (once you get use to navigating) than the standard browser (however it's not worth it on anything under 8700 as it's too slow!).