PDA

View Full Version : Swivel Lock Plastic Holster for 7130e is Available

seidioseidio
03-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Seidio is pleased to release Blackberry 7130e Swivel Lock Holster

The ultimate in convenience and functionality, this innovative, well-designed, and well-engineered locking swivel clip holster is the easiest way to carry and fully protect your Blackberry 7130e. This is the only holster that is truly user-friendly.

WITH FEATURES OF:
• Sleeper function
• Added protection rubber to prevent scratches
• Improved clip to hold phone even more securely
• Easy in & out
• One hand operation

The Blackberry 7130e is carried facing inward, letting you know that the screen is out of reach from any scratches, with the soft foam padding it rests on.

Please contact jingzhang@<hidden> or visit our website at http://www.seidioonline.com/ for more information on this product
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=273

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c169/stluvsd/1.jpg

seidioseidio
03-07-2006, 06:11 PM
This is basically the same type of holster as discussed in the thread for 7100i. It is custom made for 7130e.

We will start shipping early part of next week.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=17864&page=6

terrapinie
03-08-2006, 06:07 PM
What are your shipping charges? I see on the webpage the different options, however, there's no prices listed with it - I live in Central NY. Also, do you have any other pictures of the holster, and phone in the holser? An angle better showing the size of the clip - ie. your pic rotated towards the back about 20 or 30 degrees - would be great. Thanks!!!

seidioseidio
03-09-2006, 07:00 AM
What are your shipping charges? I see on the webpage the different options, however, there's no prices listed with it - I live in Central NY. Also, do you have any other pictures of the holster, and phone in the holser? An angle better showing the size of the clip - ie. your pic rotated towards the back about 20 or 30 degrees - would be great. Thanks!!!

will post the pictures today. As to the shipping charge, it will depend on the shipping method selected. we will start accepting and shipping the orders early part of next week. You will see the charge.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

Here is the other picture:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/alice_snowy/IMG_0037.jpg

seidioseidio
03-09-2006, 03:52 PM

The picture is available now !

Seidio

stacky
03-09-2006, 08:52 PM
I just ordered the gizmoskin and now i see this! doh! well, looks like I will have two new cases. I look forward to being able to order this! long time coming!!!!

stud421
03-10-2006, 02:13 AM
stupid question but please forgive me. I have a 7100g. that will still fit my phone right? thanks for the patience

seidioseidio
03-10-2006, 12:29 PM
stupid question but please forgive me. I have a 7100g. that will still fit my phone right? thanks for the patience

Hi,

This holster is custom designed for 7130e. we have ordered a 7100g. It will arrive next week. we will keep you informed the conclusion.

If there is an enough demand , we can consider developing a custom one for 7100g. Please email me if you are intereted in.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

Jimmyk001
03-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Nice, but you are out of stock. Please send me a message when you restock. Thanks.

whsbuss
03-10-2006, 03:27 PM
When someone gets one of these, please do a complete review. It looks like a great alternative.

seidioseidio
03-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Nice, but you are out of stock. Please send me a message when you restock. Thanks.

It is available for ordering now.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=273

Shipping will begin on 3/13 or 3/14.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

terrapinie
03-13-2006, 08:37 AM
I've just ordered one - I'll post a review after I get it and use it for a day or so.

seidioseidio
03-14-2006, 09:04 PM
We began shipping today (3/14).

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

BBSpike
03-15-2006, 08:26 AM
David,

Are there any plans for a holster for the 7100r shape?

Thanks

seidioseidio
03-15-2006, 10:12 AM
David,

Are there any plans for a holster for the 7100r shape?

Thanks

We are looking at the holster for 7100g, I will add 7100r to my list . So far, we have holsters for 7100i and 7130e.

Thank you for the feedbacks. It is you can help us to develop the products to meet your needs.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

Pentarus
03-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Will this holster work with the extra capacity battery and door on the 7130e?

roofus
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
It does work with the extended battery but you might want to trim a small amount of plastic off the two lower corners of the holster with an razor blade or Dremmel grinder because it's a tight fit.

whsbuss
03-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Has anyone receive this holster? How about a review?

terrapinie
03-17-2006, 09:00 AM
I got mine in the mail yesterday and wanted to try it out for a day before posting.
Short review - I love it!!! (y) (y) 2 thumbs up!!!
Long version - The plastic is thick - seems to be pretty sturdy. There is a felt lining on the whole inside back of it to protect your screen and keys. The ratchet swivel works great - and it's easy to remove the BB with one hand. There's a hinged 'flap' on the top with a spring to hold the BB in place - and the spring is pretty strong. I've found it's easier for me to remove with the BB rotated horizontal - pushing the hinged top up with my pointer finger and pulling the BB out. It is easy to do with it upright as well - just takes a little practice. Sliding it back is very effortless - the flap can slide along the top of the phone and open itself and close itself when the phone's in place. And no worries for scratching the top of the phone, there's a rubber 'bumper' on the inside of the flap to protect your phone. I can easily feel when it vibrates - although I clip mine to pants - I don't wear belts, so the clip is actually touching me. The clip is pretty stong too - made with the same thick plastic as the rest of the holder - and it's slim/tight to the case too - so your BB isn't in the way at all. It opens quite far too to accomodate for clipping to thick stuff - it opens far enough to clip it to my hand. The LED is easily visible - nothing blocks it at all.
ummm - not sure what else to say about it... If anyone has any questions about it - please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer ;-)

terrapinie
03-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Oh - and the sleep function works like a charm :-)

whsbuss
03-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Great review!!

I think I will order one as well. My only concern is now that summer is almost upon us, my 7130 will be exposed to accidental bumps and rubs near walls, stair bannisters, etc. I hope this case will still protect it.

terrapinie
03-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I wonder if purchasing one of those screen protectors and sticking it to the back would help.... at least from possible scratches....

roofus
03-17-2006, 12:50 PM
I bought one too. Works quite well. I have only two concerns: when you remove the bb from the case you have to exercise care not to scratch the face of your bb with the top latching piece because it is long. You have to pull the bb up and outwards to avoid this.
Also, this same top piece is quite large and protrudes a fair amount from the bb. This makes it easy to lift when removing the bb, but it also makes it prone to catching on atricles of clothing, seatbelts etc.
On the whole it's a pretty good case. I have never bought one that didn't have a few drawbacks.

terrapinie
03-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Roofus - agreed - the tab does stick out a little far...
I've found having the case horizontal helps with making sure to not hit the lip when removing it - because you're not drawing the BB upwards right towards it - and maybe it's just my small girl hands that can't manage to easily remove it from the vertical position :-P So I find horizontal much easier anyways.

Jimmyk001
03-17-2006, 03:31 PM
I won't repeat everything that Terrapinie said, as I agree with all the comments made. Two more things to add: the unit stays close to my waist and the access to the mini USB connection is not blocked. This is a quality product. Good job Seidio!

flankgent
03-18-2006, 12:45 AM
can u feel the phone vib??...

seidioseidio
03-18-2006, 01:26 AM
I bought one too. Works quite well. I have only two concerns: when you remove the bb from the case you have to exercise care not to scratch the face of your bb with the top latching piece because it is long. You have to pull the bb up and outwards to avoid this.
Also, this same top piece is quite large and protrudes a fair amount from the bb. This makes it easy to lift when removing the bb, but it also makes it prone to catching on atricles of clothing, seatbelts etc.
On the whole it's a pretty good case. I have never bought one that didn't have a few drawbacks.

Hi Roofus,

We design the top latching piece a little bit long so it can hold your Blackberry very securely. We think holding the phone securely is quite important and top priority.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

terrapinie
03-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Flankgent:

I can easily feel when it vibrates - although I clip mine to pants - I don't wear belts, so the clip is actually touching me.

flankgent
03-21-2006, 11:26 AM
ah thanks for the answer

terrapinie
03-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Anyone who's ordered one, have you had any problems with your sleep function? I'm finding that when I insert into the holsert, it's taking an increasingly long time to turn off the screen - and buttons can still be pressed activating the phone. Also, sometimes when I pull it out of the holster - the screen still stays off and it doesn't auto-display the new email.

I emailed Seidio a couple days ago, but no response yet. Any input from anyone?

whsbuss
03-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Anyone who's ordered one, have you had any problems with your sleep function? I'm finding that when I insert into the holsert, it's taking an increasingly long time to turn off the screen - and buttons can still be pressed activating the phone. Also, sometimes when I pull it out of the holster - the screen still stays off and it doesn't auto-display the new email.

I emailed Seidio a couple days ago, but no response yet. Any input from anyone?

Haven't had any problem with the sleeper function. I assume you are inserting face in? You can read my review here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=29461

terrapinie
03-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Yup - inserting face in.
It worked perfectly fine for the first week - and I even 'played' with the function before I wrote my review above, seeing how far away from the holster the phone could be and have the sleeper activate and what not - worked great.
Now all of a sudden, I insert the handset, and can still see that the light is on. And if I press the back of the phone (on the backside of the keypad, where the sleep function activates), sometimes it will turn the screen off, other times, I can hear the beep of a button being pushed. It's like all of a sudden the phone's not getting close enough to the magnet, or the magnet lost some of it's magnetic charge - both of which don't quite seem possible...

whsbuss
03-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Yup - inserting face in.
It worked perfectly fine for the first week - and I even 'played' with the function before I wrote my review above, seeing how far away from the holster the phone could be and have the sleeper activate and what not - worked great.
Now all of a sudden, I insert the handset, and can still see that the light is on. And if I press the back of the phone (on the backside of the keypad, where the sleep function activates), sometimes it will turn the screen off, other times, I can hear the beep of a button being pushed. It's like all of a sudden the phone's not getting close enough to the magnet, or the magnet lost some of it's magnetic charge - both of which don't quite seem possible...

Interesting..... let us know what Seidio says. So far my holster is working fine but I'll keep an eye on this.

seidioseidio
03-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Yup - inserting face in.

Hi,

We went back to test a few, all the holsters we tested work fine. we need to get this one back so our product group can evaluate it to determine the cause

please give me your order #. Our customer service rep will contact you for the exchange.

David Chang
Seidio
dsc@<hidden>

terrapinie
03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Order # 40234. The sleep function problems are definitely getting progressively worse. I've tried putting my BB in my other two cases to make sure that it's not my handset - and it works fine with them.

seidioseidio
03-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Order # 40234. The sleep function problems are definitely getting progressively worse. I've tried putting my BB in my other two cases to make sure that it's not my handset - and it works fine with them.

Can you verify the order # ? 40234 did not purchase holster ?

David

terrapinie
03-24-2006, 04:42 PM
# 40324 - my fault with the typo
my fingers get going on the num pad and apparently my double check fell under the reigns of dyslexia :oops: :razz:

terrapinie
03-29-2006, 07:45 AM
David - how long will it take for someone to contact about my order? It's been almost a week now and I haven't gotten anything. The case it still not acting right. Everytime I put it in the holster, I have to 'sqeeze' the phone and case together to get the light to go out (sometimes this presses numbers, other times it will go right to sleep mode). And whether or not the screen comes back on when I remove it is touch and go - I'd say it's maybe 50/50.
Order # 40324 - and I can send you my email address again if needed as well.
Thanks
Laurie

seidioseidio
03-29-2006, 10:08 AM
David - how long will it take for someone to contact about my order? It's been almost a week now and I haven't gotten anything. The case it still not acting right. Everytime I put it in the holster, I have to 'sqeeze' the phone and case together to get the light to go out (sometimes this presses numbers, other times it will go right to sleep mode). And whether or not the screen comes back on when I remove it is touch and go - I'd say it's maybe 50/50.
Order # 40324 - and I can send you my email address again if needed as well.
Thanks
Laurie

Hi Laurie,

David Silver Our customer service Manager will contact you today

David