PDA

View Full Version : WATER SPILT ALL OVER BLACKBERRY...but works?

AGray34
03-07-2006, 06:35 PM
I didnt do it, however my brother spilt a glass of water all over the front of my blackberry 8700C. It soaked the face, including all the keys, microphone, and everything.

I turned it off, blew it with a can of compressed air, and everything seems to be working fine now.

All the keys work, you can hear the same, and people can here me clear through the microphone.

Does this mean its ok, or am I going to have a problem or a month or whatever ?

coreyg510
03-07-2006, 06:41 PM
I would imagine that any damage done would have been done instantly. But you never know

finch
03-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I'd leave the battery out for a bit and let dry for a couple days just to be certain.

rcbjr
03-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Mark Rehjon has a thread on washing and drying out blackberries. If you search for "drying out" I think you would find out some precautions to take to prevent future damage.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

chrisl
03-08-2006, 04:52 AM
I'm amazed actually. The 8700's don't look like they could take much of a beating. I know that the 7100 is pretty hard to destroy

BBAdmin
03-08-2006, 04:59 AM
You're lucky it's water, which is probably what's saved you - the problems come when it happens with caffine based drinks like coke. These cause carbon scoring on the circuit boards over time, which breaks down the connections on the boards. Often a coke soaked piece of kit will work to the amazement and relief of the owner, only to be let down a few weeks later when it suddenly dies!