PDA

View Full Version : Mail from YAHOO!!

eric0668
03-07-2006, 09:29 PM
It's taking about 45 minutes on average to get pushed to my 7105t. Is this the typical amount of time?

If so, how come and can this time be improved?

Thanks,
Eric

hnsimpson
03-07-2006, 10:00 PM
To get faster email delivery from yahoo:

My wife had her email from yahoo forwarded to her blackberry (@<hidden>).

The only issue she had with that was that yahoo didn't keep a copy.

Other solution (aside from changing address) is that she did the following:

1. forwarded to her gmail account
2. gmail forwarded to bberry account, with copy left on server

There may be a simpler, more elegant way to accomplish this, but this worked for her.

NS

eric0668
03-07-2006, 10:40 PM
So apparently there in fact IS some time problem between Yahoo and Blackberry, correct?

Now why is it quicker between Yahoo and the blackberr.tmo.net account?

So to solve the problem with it not being kept on the Yahoo server, she sent it to Gmail then to the blackberry?
1) What is Gmail 2) Gmail will keep it on the server even if forwarded somewhere else and 3) Gmail to blackberry is quicker than the Yahoo problem?

Thanks. Trying to understand
Eric

hnsimpson
03-08-2006, 01:04 PM
1) What is Gmail?

Gmail is google's email. It is free, and I find it easier to use than yahoo.
All you need is an invitation to sign up. I can get you one of these if you need it.

2) Gmail will keep it on the server even if forwarded somewhere else?

Yes. That is an option on gmail, but not with yahoo

3) Gmail to blackberry is quicker than the Yahoo problem?

From what I understand the bberry will 'poll' or check for emails from your outside email addresses, while the blackberry.tmo immediately 'pushes' the email to your device.

By setting up the gmail to forward immediately and then keep a copy, you get both. The only downside is that you will have to delete the emails on both your handheld and your gmail account.

eric0668
03-09-2006, 12:49 AM
was going to ask for an invite. then I saw the cell invite thing. I did it.

How can I invite others.

But now, just for the transition phase, I am trying to send all Yahoo mail to gmail... I get a verification code to enter , which normally is real easy, but i keep getting errors. Double check the code. Restart computer, sign out and in, delete cookies. Is there some sort of incompatibility between them?

And will having gmail be worth it? I can create folders for each one of my family / friends like I do in Yahoo??
'
thx
eric

eric0668
03-09-2006, 03:54 PM
I got the gmail for forwarding purposes

but once I got it, now it has taken over my puter. when I am logged into it, even tho Yahoo mail is my default, triple checked, and I still want it that way, when I click a link from any page to send someone a mail, Gmail opens

Why? How can I fix this?

Thanks

whsbuss
03-09-2006, 03:56 PM

but once I got it, now it has taken over my puter. when I am logged into it, even tho Yahoo mail is my default, triple checked, and I still want it that way, when I click a link from any page to send someone a mail, Gmail opens

Why? How can I fix this?

Thanks

In ControlPanel, open Internet Options. The select the Programs tab at the top. Set your email application.

eric0668
03-09-2006, 03:58 PM

Why? How can I fix this?

Thanks

eric0668
03-09-2006, 05:06 PM
When you download Gmail Notifier. It takes over the email default as far as when you click a link.

You need to go into that program options and change it.

Eric

merlinw
03-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Yahoo has been VERY slow today.
seems like every hour it forwards mail.
ie; at 11:45 I sent a test message from my 7100 to both gmail and yahoo,
gmail was forwarded back to me within 2 minutes
Yahoo, it took almost ONE HOUR!
What gives?

reelmaverick
03-10-2006, 10:56 PM
It's taking about 45 minutes on average to get pushed to my 7105t. Is this the typical amount of time?

If so, how come and can this time be improved?

Thanks,
Eric
i had the same exact problem the past couple days. mine was even taking up to 6 hours. i sent like a million trial test messages. because it had been working fine. i called tmobile, they did not have a solution for it so they forwarded it to blackberry support and they did not have a solution either. well what i did was , i changed my password so it prompted me to revalidate my yahoo email and once i did that, i got all the emails i neva received. i sent another test message and this time it came within a couple minutes. i would say try this and see if it works for you.

eric0668
03-10-2006, 11:01 PM
but it was confirmed by many, Yahoo just takes forever.
Did you read that you can forward all of your mail to the blackberry email account. Quicker. But I am not sure if you need the Plus version I got.

Eric

Stinsonddog
03-10-2006, 11:14 PM
You can read about forwarding, filtering and the BIS features at my tips site, but if you are on Tmobile you have it. Cingular should be April. At that point you will have complete reconcilliation of your Yahoo account, plus or not.

but it was confirmed by many, Yahoo just takes forever.
Did you read that you can forward all of your mail to the blackberry email account. Quicker. But I am not sure if you need the Plus version I got.

Eric

This isn't Yahoo, its the BIS polling for your accounts.

eric0668
03-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Why does Yahoo send stuff from the Bulk Folder? Is that covered in your tips. Or is it the blackberry that grabs it. I forget which setting I have it on now...Forward or Pop3 Which do you recommend for Yahoo. I guess it depends on how long I wanna wait, huh? Long, Pop3. Short, forward, right?

Man I like how you appear out of nowhere... NICE

So nice of people to volunteer. You have absolutely NO NONE obligation to be helping others and reading peoples questions... Thx

noremac
03-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately, when you Forward from Yahoo, they send everything, including Bulk email. In addition, Yahoo deletes the original email from their service. Because of these two reasons, I would only recommend using POP with Yahoo at the moment. When using POP, the original email remains (marked as unread), and Bulk emails are not sent.

Concept
03-11-2006, 10:29 AM
This isn't Yahoo, its the BIS polling for your accounts.

I don't know if you were talking about other providers or not but Tmo's BIS doesn't poll yahoo accounts. They are pushed from yahoo. They may be polled from other providers but not with Tmo. I don't know the details from what Tmo and yahoo worked out but having a yahoo account on your Tmo BIS is almost exactly like having another BIS account. Full reconciliation, push, etc.

troykent
03-10-2007, 12:48 AM
i have my BIS plan setup to retrieve my yahoo, and normally it works great. but lately there are times when i'll recieve a message and the BB doesn't see it. I'll even ask it too reconcile. Any know anything about this?

by the way... all that Gmail stuff seems a bit silly. just setup your bis plan, it's free anyhow... atleast with nextel it is.

JSanders
03-10-2007, 12:07 PM
lately there are times when i'll recieve a message and the BB doesn't see it. I'll even ask it too reconcile. Any know anything about this?

While "reconcile now" is listed as an option, it does nothing for BIS accounts.