PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Phone Number.....

ronedwards
03-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Just got my BB8700 here in Australia out of the initial shipment. Pretty damn happy too. 1 problem. In the telephone screen the phone nr starts with my correct 10 digit number, then following that this series of numbers:1383830303835303.

I've tried to edit the phone nr in my sim card via options and I get: uncaught exception invalid initialValue

Anyone have any idea? Vodafone don't know and aren't too fussed as it's not really a technical problem, but it's driving me nuts!!!

TIA

d_fisher
03-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Try somethig simple like removing the battery for 30 seconds. Just like restarting a Windows PC, you will be surprised at what it can fix.

ronedwards
03-08-2006, 03:56 AM
yep, 3rd BB so tried that already!! Didn't work obviously!

Stinsonddog
03-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Wow shouldn't really get that out of the box. I would still try taking out the battery and SIM once more. Wonder if the OS has an issue? You can always wipe and reload. In the theme forum there is a thread called "Complete Instructions...". Not sure if you want to do that but you shouldn't have those errors out of the box. Do you know anyone else that has them?

likefre
03-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Just got my BB8700 here in Australia out of the initial shipment. Pretty damn happy too. 1 problem. In the telephone screen the phone nr starts with my correct 10 digit number, then following that this series of numbers:1383830303835303.

I've tried to edit the phone nr in my sim card via options and I get: uncaught exception invalid initialValue

Anyone have any idea? Vodafone don't know and aren't too fussed as it's not really a technical problem, but it's driving me nuts!!!

TIA
Just like stinsondog suggested, take the sim out, put the battery on the bb without the sim and let it boot.
verify if it shows a phone # without the sim, afterwards take the battery out while the bb is on and install the sim.See if it works.
Just a suggestion

thatboiwes
03-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Or, if none of that works, you can always change it to where it doesn't show your number.

Call Log > Options > General Options > Show "My Number"