PDA

View Full Version : Caller ID View When Locked

BlueBerry112
03-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi guys; real quick question. First off, I would like to say that I manage a BES server with Exchange and you guys are a wealth of information for me and my users on the network. Thanks a bunch! I tried a searching this forum but no luck so here goes. Can the caller ID settings be adjusted so that the name of the person will display even though the handset is locked? I have mine set to lock upon holstering and when it rings, it will only show the number and not the name of the caller in my address book. I am sure this is a security feature but can it be changed so that it will show names while locked? Something very minor but helpful in deciding if I want to take the call or send it to voicemail.

Thanks again,

KB

coreyg510
03-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I dont think so, maybe something that you want to request someone to make a small program for in the developers section of this forum

http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

d_fisher
03-08-2006, 12:03 AM
I think coreyg510 is correct, it is not possible. It would go against the security designed into the BlackBerry. If you lost your BlackBerry, would you really want someone to know who was calling you?

BlueBerry112
03-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Good point. Hopefully my BB would have self-destructed with the tenth incorrect password before someone called but something interesting happened this morning. A coworker called me and even though my BB was locked, the name showed from the address book. I thought I was still sleep so I had them call me back after I manually locked the phone and sure enough, the name was displayed. Not sure exactly what happened since I didn’t make any changes. Maybe it read my mind.

owblue
03-08-2006, 08:57 AM
BlueBerry, I think this can be turned on by disabling the "Content Protection" option under the security options.

SUFan
03-08-2006, 09:39 AM
BlueBerry, I think this can be turned on by disabling the "Content Protection" option under the security options.

This is correct and works on my phone.

yustonuser
03-30-2006, 12:03 AM
IS there any drawback to disabling this feature? It seems like a bad idea if it means what it sounds like - turning of content protection. I would like to see caller-ID when locked (otherwise I don't want to lock it as I'd like caller ID) but if this setting can be a bad idea, then maybe its not worth it.

Anyone have any thoughts? Does turning this function off in Security not mean that much and not effect anything else?