PDA

View Full Version : Cannot compose new email

Learning On The Fly
03-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Hey guys,

My company just upgraded me from a 7510 to a 7100i and immediately noticed the difference. On the 7510 when you wanted to compose an email, you could use the [use once] or [lookup] function to select a contact from your company's general address book. I am on a BES using outlook, and here's my problem.

Whenever I try to compose an email with the new 7100i, I start typing the first few letters of the name and the Lookup function immediately comes up. After finding the correct name, and adding it to the email I am composing, a message comes up that says "no email associated with that name". I spoke with another coworker that has a 7100i and he does not have this problem. Is there something i'm missing here?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
GNR

murpheous
03-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Is the user you are trying to email have an entry in your contacts without an email addy specified?

Learning On The Fly
03-08-2006, 10:54 AM
The user I am trying to email is not in my contacts folder, but that did not stop the 7520 from looking up the user through my company's general address book. I don't think that I would have to add the user from the general address book to the contacts folder for every one user I wanted to email, would I?

murpheous
03-08-2006, 10:58 AM
no, you don't have to add them to be able to email them.

WiGuy
03-08-2006, 11:38 AM
no, you don't have to add them to be able to email them.

We use outlook on MS Exchange 2003. When I switched to the BB my Outlook contacts were on my PC, but not my 7100.

I had to go into outlook and edit all my contacts from the 7100, add email addresses, mailing addresses, business numbers and such.

What did I miss, that would allow me to sync with the entire company address book?

We have multiple employes per location and have setup groups to email multiple addresses by typing the location name. ie.

Corp. = micke@<hidden>
vick@<hidden>
brad@<hidden>
Boots@<hidden> ect.

will those be able to sync?..........I hope this makes sense.

Learning On The Fly
03-08-2006, 12:11 PM
My company is also running outlook on MS Exchange 2003, and I hate to admit this, but i've started adding contacts from the General Address Book to the contacts folder, if i ever want to send email to the people i work with. I wasn't sure if this was something that someone else was experiencing with their 7100i's on a corporate environment.

bb7105t
03-08-2006, 03:54 PM