PDA

View Full Version : Message Notifaction Window

Rex32
03-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Hello,
I was just wondering if there is anyway to turn on some sort of notifaction window when you get a message. Mine just vibrates/rings but then doesn't say why. You have to look for the little icons.

Thanks,
Mike

d_fisher
03-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Sure, you can change the profile settings. I dont think you can make a message box display, but you could set a different tone for each type of alert.

Rex32
03-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah I set a different tone for each one, I would like it a lot better if it also displayed a preview of the message or what type of message it was or something.

Mike

Stinsonddog
03-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Notifire does it for sure and then there is a product by Webmessenger too.

Hello,
I was just wondering if there is anyway to turn on some sort of notifaction window when you get a message. Mine just vibrates/rings but then doesn't say why. You have to look for the little icons.

Thanks,
Mike

Rex32
03-08-2006, 04:19 PM
Can I through a newb question in here?
Whenever I try to use RambleIM or BBspellchecker it says it can't connect. RambleIM gave a socket error and the spellchecker gave an IPPP error. I resent internet service books and tried it with the cingular TCP stuff in and with it out. When i try to view links from emails with the cingular info entered they do not work, without it enterted they do work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Edit: The RambleIM error is: "Invalid Connection String: could nto open tunnel -failed"
Any ideas?

go2duke
03-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Have you checking your TCP security / firewall settings. Not sure you would have messed with those but the first thing that comes to mind with tunnel error.

-G2D

dc/dc
03-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I get a box for voicemail. :)

Rex32
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
I got it all working, thanks a lot guys.

Mike

Rex32
03-08-2006, 10:20 PM
With webmessanger I have succesfully gotten a vibrate/tone and LED notifaction and I sent a pop-up notifaction but nothing pops up. Any ideas?

Mike