PDA

View Full Version : Still Cant Figure Out about Address Book

Shelveen
03-08-2006, 10:00 PM
ok guys im sorry to bother u guys again...but i read the manual and check the threads and couldnt figure this out...i have soo many contacts in my microsoft outlook...and i want to put those contacts onto my blackberry...how do i go abouts doing this...please help..please

thanks in advance

shelveen

NJBlackBerry
03-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Hmm...

A CD should have come with the BlackBerry. It contains a program called "Desktop Manager". Install it.

Start Desktop Manager (conenct your BB). Start the application labeled Intellisync within Desktop Manager. Click on "Configure PIM" and set up Intellisync to read from Outlook. Then click "Synchronize Now".

Pretty sure that is in the manual...

Fireproof
03-08-2006, 10:05 PM
1. Install the Blackberry Desktop Manager software onto your PC.
2. Plug your Blackberry into the USB cable and the cable into your PC.
2. Launch the Desktop Manager software on your PC and then double-click "Intellisync" button.
3. Click the "Configure PIM" button and set everything to Outlook for contacts, calendar, tasks, etc.
4. Close out of that.
5. Click the "synchronize now" button.

You should be all set. It's been a while since I first set mine up, but that should be pretty close. You'll also want to look into the "advanced" settings under the configure PIM step for ways to customize the synch (for example, you can transfer only calendar events that fall in a certain date range, or only pending tasks rather than all of them, etc.

Good luck.

Fireproof
03-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Darn - NJ wins again!

Shelveen
03-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Ok guys thanks. Oh yeah I'm writing this from my bb this is nice

Fireproof
03-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Ok guys thanks. Oh yeah I'm writing this from my bb this is nice

Awesome!!! Good luck to you. Blackberries are the greatest thing since sliced bread! ;)

blackberrymadesimple
03-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi,

If you need more help on doing the desktop manager sync - you can view the videos at www.blackberrymadesimple.com. There is a full series of videos on desktop manager and the 8700c.

Thanks,
Martin