PDA

View Full Version : cant figure out a solution for 7130e...

bpbkoko
03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
i cant get anything other than 1x service for my verizon 7130e, and i cant figure out why. i did the hosting routing table registration, and a day or two later got a message that said i was registered to the wireless network, and i had 1XEV service. so i went online for about three minutes, when i was cut off from the internet and my service returned to 1x. i havent gotten anything but 1x since then. nobody around my area i kno has a verizon 7130e so i cant ask them if they experienced the same issues. i also tried calling ##00000 and inputting "vzw" as a password, but all it did was reboot my phone. it still says "data connection refused." the fone also reboots when i play brickbreaker for about 20 seconds. i cant figure out anything else to do from what i've found on the forum. what else can i do?

gresch
03-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Update your phone with the latest firmware if you haven't done it already. Verizon released an update today.

ttcfcl
06-08-2006, 10:17 AM
ACtually what you'll want to do is install the VZAccess manager and hook it up to your blackberry (even if you don't have the tethered modem service). Once you set it up, USB your BB. Load up VZAccess and hit Ctrl+T and a little Command Line window will open.

type

at$qcmip?

it will probably say "qcmip=0"

now type

at$qcmip=1

and verify that it sticks with another at$qcmip? command. Now power cycle the phone. It should be stuck in 1XEV now :)

I asked a Verizon tech about the Data Connection Refused on behalf of some of my coworkers (I had never gotten it) and said to do the ##000000 thing. I did and once my phone rebooted, I had the Data Connection Refused error. Ironic, huh? Luckily I found a thread here describing the fix :)

gdpmumin
06-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Okay, first you woke up a three month old thread. Generally not necessary. Secondly, no way would I recommend installing VZAccess. There's no need to. His problem was likely network related or hardware related. Either way, VZAccess would have nothing to do with the fix.

danieljr007worldwide
06-08-2006, 06:07 PM
get rid of verizon. go to sprint, they are cool.you will be better off.verizon is nothing but trouble,lousy customer support ,data team are lousy,verizon is the worst cell phone company you can have,daniel jr

ttcfcl
06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Well if there's another way to get low level access to the BB where you can enter that at$qcmip command, then fantastic, tell me about it. Otherwise you gotta use VZAccess if you want to get rid of DCR errors and connect at true EVDO speeds. You don't HAVE to use VZAccess to connect to the web, going to Network Connections under Windows is works fine. I'm sorry you loath VZAccess , but it fixed all the DCR's in my company and made everyone connect at EVDO speeds

gdpmumin
06-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Your solution is tantamount to trying to kill a mosquito with a cannon. Way too much overkill. Yeah, maybe it'll get it done, but . . .