PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile Instant Message app not disabled by IT Policy

pej
03-09-2006, 10:12 AM
A couple of users just got T-Mobile 7105ts running 4.0.2.49. We set them up on our BES and applied our standard IT Policy, which disables BlackBerry Messenger.

The setting (BlackBerry Messenger Policy Group -> Disable BlackBerry Messenger -> True) doesn't affect the T-Mobile Instant Message application (pre-installed v4.1.7 from OZ Communications).

Our firewall blocks AIM/ICQ/MSN messenger already, so we'd like users to not see the app and then call for support when things don't work.... Any options from a BES Policy standpoint? I know we can hide or remove the app, but we dont' really want to have to touch each device if we can help it.

d_fisher
03-09-2006, 10:55 AM
I dont think you can currently remove or hide icons via a BES policy. May want to suggest it as a feature enhancement.

jibi
03-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Might want to just contact T-Mobile and/or RIM about this. I'm sure MANY have contacted them, so they should have some sort of patch-work available. I know T-Mobile has said in the past that they could not turn it off for 'corporate' users, as it was all-or-nothing (likely a licensing agreement and billing reasons, which appears to be why they didn't offer the Yahoo IM client, and likely no others from the major networks).

If you do take that avenue, please post back here so the rest of us may know, as well. :-)