PDA

View Full Version : SMS email questions with the 7105t

dallas.grant
03-11-2006, 11:55 AM
I just made the switch from a PalmOne Treo to the BB 7105t
There are many annoyances I am experiencing with this device, but I got it because I need to check my email from my phone for my business without having the battery completely drain. I will list my annoyances below and I wonder if there is anyway to fix these problems.

1) I noticed that the email and SMS messages load to the same folder. I can make it so I can look at SMS messages only (Alt key then the ? key), but is there a way to single out just the email messages easily?

2) I really do not like this phone for SMS compared to the Palm. I read in the manual and in the help files on the phone that you can switch from the annoying "all messages" feature to show things only in a "conversational" way. For some reason this feature is not in the options (Settings/Options/SMS). I get a lot of messages and it is annoying that I cannot just see just have a link to the chat thread ... all I have are all the messages in a row ... then you click on the message and you have access too the thread. Are there any downloads to fix this? (this alone makes me want to go back to the palm)

Maybe this phone is not made for people who receive over 3000 SMS messages a week

3) How can I purge all messages in the SMS folder... I don't want to manually delete every message individually ... I want to read them then delete them after I read them all.

dallas.grant
03-11-2006, 12:41 PM
I found the solution to problem #3 ... go to a dateline and pullup the menu with the wheel then select delete previous