PDA

View Full Version : BB Messenger w/BIS

gadgetjunkies
03-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Is it possible to install BBMessenger on the 8700 while using BIS and not BES? It downloads then when I go into Application Loader it doesn't show up.

hf1khal
03-11-2006, 02:35 PM
you should do it OTA.

phonemonkey
03-11-2006, 02:38 PM
If you go to http://www.blackberry.com/messenger and do the OTA download, the app will appear on the handheld's main menu (not in the apps folder) after the install. Did you perhaps mean the apps folder instead of the app loader?

It uses PIN messaging to handle buddy requests and the actual messages, so as long as you have BlackBerry data enabled on your account, you shouldn't have a problem using it. No BES needed.

You can go that same URL on your desktop and do a cable install -- I don't think you even need to have the BB Desktop installed.

gadgetjunkies
03-11-2006, 02:39 PM
you should do it OTA.
OverTheAir? I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I just noticed that my 8700 now has BBMessenger on it. How do you do OTA?

gadgetjunkies
03-11-2006, 02:44 PM
If you go to http://www.blackberry.com/messenger and do the OTA download, the app will appear on the handheld's main menu (not in the apps folder) after the install. Did you perhaps mean the apps folder instead of the app loader?

It uses PIN messaging to handle buddy requests and the actual messages, so as long as you have BlackBerry data enabled on your account, you shouldn't have a problem using it. No BES needed.

You can go that same URL on your desktop and do a cable install -- I don't think you even need to have the BB Desktop installed.
Are you saying to go into the BB browser or my computer browser? I'm assuming you mean from the BB. I just got this thing yesterday and am still learning.

rcbjr
03-11-2006, 02:44 PM
OverTheAir? I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I just noticed that my 8700 now has BBMessenger on it. How do you do OTA?
---
You go to a site, such as the BB help site, that has apps set up for OTA downloads using your BB, and click on the download now button. It will do an OTA install.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

gadgetjunkies
03-11-2006, 02:49 PM
---
You go to a site, such as the BB help site, that has apps set up for OTA downloads using your BB, and click on the download now button. It will do an OTA install.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr
Thanks, What is the URL for the BB help site and what other downloads would you recommend?

rcbjr
03-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks, What is the URL for the BB help site and what other downloads would you recommend?
----
I'm not really sure, I usually access it through the bookmarks screen, it's undre Links and is the only one there. Blackberry Help. As to downloads, there are themes and ringtones, bit not sure what other apps are on that site. You should check the "AfterMarket S/W" forum or the sponsers section here on bbforums to see what's availabe.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

scionxb
03-11-2006, 03:28 PM
What is the difference between BB messenger and the T-Mobile messaging client downloads on Tmobiles site?

Stinsonddog
03-11-2006, 03:38 PM
BB Messenger uses PIN to PIN. Not sure what Tmobile does. I really like the BBM client and use it with quite a few BB users. It shows a D for delivered and an R for read. Use it if you can it works well.

What is the difference between BB messenger and the T-Mobile messaging client downloads on Tmobiles site?

bobhammer
03-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Of cos it is possible.In your case, I suggest u yo install OTA!
http://mobile.blackberry.com/mss/downloads

Hope this helps!

Seattle18
03-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Open a browser on your 8700, go to http://mobile.blackberry.com - this is the BlackBerry HELP! page. It has a link to download the BB Messenger directly to your device. It also has other links for themes, wallpaper images and ringtones.

OTA (over the air) just means something that you can download and install directly onto the 8700's browser, without having to use the desktop manager on your PC.

gadgetjunkies
03-12-2006, 03:32 PM
In my BB's browser window it seems to be locked on the download screen for GoogleTalk. I've alreadt downloaded it and it is working fine but just the browser screen seems locked. Any ideas?

cooljoeka
03-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Its working fine on my 8700 on bis

Try doing the ota download
Direct your bb browser to blackberry.com/messenger