PDA

View Full Version : Red Blinking Status Light

gadgetjunkies
03-11-2006, 07:44 PM
The status light is blinking RED but I have no messages, no emails nothing that I know of that would make it blink RED. What else would make it blink RED?

mriff
03-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Low battery?

rcbjr
03-11-2006, 07:49 PM
The status light is blinking RED but I have no messages, no emails nothing that I know of that would make it blink RED. What else would make it blink RED?
---
Low battery maybe. Or if you haven't turned off the blinking green led, no network connection, maybe, I'm just guessing here.

Rcbjr

mriff
03-11-2006, 07:55 PM
I've turned off my network connection indicator. When my battery gets low, it blinks red.

rcbjr
03-11-2006, 08:02 PM
I've turned off my network connection indicator. When my battery gets low, it blinks red.
---
I have turned mine off also, and just couldn't remember about rhe low battery situation. Now that you confirmed it, I remember that it keeps flashing until it is charged up enough to turn the radio back on.

Thanks for your Help.
Rcbjr

mriff
03-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Yes indeed.

I do a lot more charging with my 8700 than I used to with my 7280. :-o

gadgetjunkies
03-11-2006, 08:07 PM
The battery shows full. Ok that's wierd, it just switched to Green as I was typing this. It's been flashing Red for awhile while I was watching tha b-ball games this afternoon. Strange.

rcbjr
03-11-2006, 08:14 PM
The battery shows full. Ok that's wierd, it just switched to Green as I was typing this. It's been flashing Red for awhile while I was watching tha b-ball games this afternoon. Strange.
----
Must have been lost network connection. Did you check the status? Was it gprs/edge or GPRS/EDGE.?

Rcbjr

gadgetjunkies
03-11-2006, 08:15 PM
----
Must have been lost network connection. Did you check the status? Was it gprs/edge or GPRS/EDGE.?

Rcbjr
It showed EDGE when it was blinking RED.

sfo
03-11-2006, 08:19 PM
You also may have put an appointment into the calendar and it will flash red...the icon is on the right, though, instead of the left.

rcbjr
03-11-2006, 08:20 PM
It showed EDGE when it was blinking RED.
----
Beats me then. Must be the gremlins.

Rcbjr

gadgetjunkies
03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Where is it that shows the percentage of the battery?

993Turbo
03-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Ok that's wierd, it just switched to Green as I was typing this. It's been flashing Red for awhile while I was watching tha b-ball games this afternoon. Strange.

Self-destruct cancelled?

gadgetjunkies
03-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Self-destruct cancelled?
Yeah, I accepted the mission and it started smoking.........

djeddiebear
03-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Where is it that shows the percentage of the battery?

Options>Status

zygut
03-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Is there a way to configure when the Red LED is used? I would like it to flash if I receive a level 1 notification, or something similar. Its somewhat useless to have the green LED flash for level 1 notifications when the LED flashes constantly for network connectivity. I can't turn the network connectivity flash off because I need to know if I set the thing down in an spot near my computer that causes connectivity to be so poor that I wont be notified when a level 1 message comes in.

coreyg510
03-12-2006, 12:57 PM
You can have it flash for certain things, but others not. It would be under profile settings

BigJay.Inc
03-12-2006, 02:57 PM
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday..i was using googletalk and once i received a message it started blinkin red and wouldnt stop until i dropped the battery out for a few minutes....weird..

gadgetjunkies
03-12-2006, 03:18 PM
I had the same thing happen to me yesterday..i was using googletalk and once i received a message it started blinkin red and wouldnt stop until i dropped the battery out for a few minutes....weird..
I was using GoogleTalk as well. It fixed itself so I'm not sure what it was.

zygut
03-12-2006, 08:55 PM
You can have it flash for certain things, but others not. It would be under profile settings

I only seem to have settings for the LED under things like "Level 1 messages", and the option is to "flash LED" or not. When thats enabled, only the green LED flashes, not the red.

rcbjr
03-12-2006, 11:04 PM
I only seem to have settings for the LED under things like "Level 1 messages", and the option is to "flash LED" or not. When thats enabled, only the green LED flashes, not the red.
---
Check under Options / Screen/Keyboard "Network Coverage Indicator". You can turn off the flashing green LED there.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

zygut
03-13-2006, 09:14 AM
---
Check under Options / Screen/Keyboard "Network Coverage Indicator". You can turn off the flashing green LED there.

Yeah, but as I said earlier:

Is there a way to configure when the Red LED is used? I would like it to flash if I receive a level 1 notification, or something similar. Its somewhat useless to have the green LED flash for level 1 notifications when the LED flashes constantly for network connectivity. I can't turn the network connectivity flash off because I need to know if I set the thing down in an spot near my computer that causes connectivity to be so poor that I wont be notified when a level 1 message comes in.

bobhammer
03-13-2006, 10:13 AM
my lights goes red sometimes when there are no emails also, i think it is just some kinda error. just do a reset, and everything will be fine!

zygut
03-13-2006, 10:20 AM
my lights goes red sometimes when there are no emails also, i think it is just some kinda error. just do a reset, and everything will be fine!

You misunderstand, I am trying to figure out how to make my light blink red when I have an alert (such as a level 1 alert).

Stinsonddog
03-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Have you changed your profiles? You can set it there, but if you want really advanced alerts look at Notifire or Webmessengers products.

You misunderstand, I am trying to figure out how to make my light blink red when I have an alert (such as a level 1 alert).

zygut
03-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Have you changed your profiles? You can set it there, but if you want really advanced alerts look at Notifire or Webmessengers products.

As a matter of fact, I wrote:

I'm not exactly thrilled that a several hundred dollar device can't even receive pages without requiring me to go through some complicated mail filtering through level 1 alerts, or pay for something else in order to get it.

Lex Luthor
03-13-2006, 05:24 PM
I have my status indicator light turned off but from time to time I get the non stop flashing red light when I use BlackBerry Messenger.

My battery isn't low and I have no emails or pin messages yet it blinks and it always starts when I go crazy on BlackBerry Messenger.

It's strange but it only happens on occassion when I am having many converations then get inendated with messages.

To get rid of it I will power cycle the handheld otherwise I will close off all my converasations and once I check the next incoming message the light will stop blinking.

bradsdad25
06-21-2006, 10:47 AM

How do you turn off the network indicator?

Lex Luthor
06-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Options / Screen/Keyboard "Network Coverage Indicator". You can turn off the flashing green LED there. This was already posted in this thread all you had to do was scroll up and see what rcbjr posted ;)

rcbjr
06-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Options / Screen/Keyboard "Network Coverage Indicator". You can turn off the flashing green LED there. This was already posted in this thread all you had to do was scroll up and see what rcbjr posted ;)
----
Man, That was 3 months and 8 posts ago, I wouldn't even have remembered that. ;-)

Rcbjr