PDA

View Full Version : Reassigning Mute Key

Aldazar
03-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Ok, so the 8700c has 2 buttons on the top: a power button and a mute button. Since you can do both via software buttons (scroll to relevant command and click) and I do neither of them often enough to necessitate having a dedicated hardware key, I was wondering if there is any way to reassign them to different commands/applications the way you can reassign the middle softkey.

Any ideas?

hf1khal
03-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Ok, so the 8700c has 2 buttons on the top: a power button and a mute button. Since you can do both via software buttons (scroll to relevant command and click) and I do neither of them often enough to necessitate having a dedicated hardware key, I was wondering if there is any way to reassign them to different commands/applications the way you can reassign the middle softkey.

Any ideas?

I have been trying to find a way to do the same. I hope some one will be able to come up with a way. However, I doubt that there is a way to change it.