PDA

View Full Version : Edit/Convert BB Address Book

adis
03-14-2006, 04:38 AM
Hi,

Does anybody know how to convert a backup address book (*.ipd) into outlook address book or to add this into my outlook address book?

What happened: I had a 7200 and after a while I changed to a 8700. I didnt copy my contacts and now I have another contact list built up from scratch. However, I realized that I backup my 7200 a year ago and there are still contacts I wanna have.

Is there a solution?

hbomb341
03-14-2006, 04:55 AM
You can do it eather to your Blackberry or setup the Emulator, and this is just my 2 cents on how I would do it. Restore the backup to a Blackberry (Your or the Emualtor), then configure the PIM to output to a CSV file and then sync it. Once that is done import it into Outlook and then Sync your Blackberry back to Outlook and you should have all of your contacts. You may alos need to modifie the CSV to make sure you don't get double names.

adis
03-14-2006, 05:11 AM
thanks!

I download now a simulator... what is PIM ?

adis
03-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Hi!

I put everything back, but I have a problem on the BB now. I made so many changes that my address book on the BB looks horrible. How I can delete ONLY the entire addressbook on the BB that later on I can do a full syncronisation with my outllok contacts.

thanks in advance.

d_fisher
03-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi!

I put everything back, but I have a problem on the BB now. I made so many changes that my address book on the BB looks horrible. How I can delete ONLY the entire addressbook on the BB that later on I can do a full syncronisation with my outllok contacts.

thanks in advance.Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager > Backup/Restore > Advanced > Highlight Address Book and click Clear.