PDA

View Full Version : ENTERPRISE ACTIVATIONS with 4.0 upgrade. ICON??????

willowpc
12-09-2004, 12:20 AM

apopilot
02-02-2005, 12:48 AM
I have the 7100t. I now have a ENTERPRISE ACTIVATION icon on my main screen. It specifies EMAIL and PASSWORD along with my PIN. What do I do here? I already have my unit working ok after the upgrade???/

townster
02-02-2005, 12:58 AM
You don't have to do anything with it. You can just hide the Enterprise Activation icon. Press the ALT key and click the trackwheel and hide it. No more icon.

apopilot
02-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks! Now I have to find the ALT key. LOL!!!!

bpm40
02-02-2005, 01:49 AM
The ALT key is the key in the bottom left on the 7100T. It looks like an arrow that goes up and an arrow that goes down. Hope my brief explanation helps.

betabob
02-02-2005, 12:20 PM
I did NOT receive the new icon after the 4.0 upgrade...anyone know why that would be?

Mark Rejhon
02-07-2005, 06:15 AM
That's because you're already activated on BES, as I understand it...

Lowtrac
02-07-2005, 12:15 PM

That's correct. I just upgraded to BES 4.0 and an old user (handheld 4.0) didn't get the icon, but a new user did. It works great.

James

jibi
02-07-2005, 02:33 PM

Assuming you have wireless synchronization enabled, tt will still run through an initial activation. This process will activate the features for handheld management on the BES. You will see an icon or a list item for this, along with the percentage. Anytime you reboot the handset, you should see this process (although it will be fairly quick compared to the 20-45 minute process the first time), from what I remember.

As for the original topic question, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse to hell and back, but this topic has also been discussed atleast two times in the recent post-4.0 past. You can simply click on the Search icon at the top of the forum and type 'enterpise activation' (mark it to search for all words) and find these two threads (along with this one as well):

http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2998&highlight=enterprise+activation

http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3233&highlight=enterprise+activation

I will reiterate that this forum can easily serve as a repository of information. The little minor, more common things are documented, usually in detail, either by a How-To or user experiences. The more in-depth issues will usually be followed by an FAQ item by Mark.

I'm not getting on to anyone (I'm not an authority figure here, just a regular who enjoys the online community; I've even got scolded before), but there are simple protocols to use in helping make this a functional and useful community. Asking questions is fine, so feel free to do so... its just a courtesy to everyone to use the built-in forum search functions prior to asking those questions.