PDA

View Full Version : sync question

smokey0066
03-14-2006, 11:45 PM
I have a question; not sure if its stupid or if it has been answered but here goes.

I have a BB7290 (thanks to adam for unlocking it) that is connected to BES. I want to be able to sync with a calendar on my personal computer as well via usb plug in.

How do I set it up so I can plug into my personal computer at night and sync with my personal calendar but it will still sync with the BES over the air? I don't care if my personal stuff goes onto the BES calendar or vice versa but I need to have my personal calendar on the BB without manually entering it into the BB.

I'm worried will plugging into my personal computer mess up the config. on the BB7290? Is there a setting I have to change on the BB desktop manager?

thanks

d_fisher
03-15-2006, 12:42 AM
You can not sync multiple calendars. Either you sync with BES or you sync with your personal desktop, not both.

smokey0066
03-15-2006, 01:05 AM
so i can sync OTA with BES on my mail, contacts, memos. and I can sync my calendar with my personal outlook calendar via usb cable? is that correct?

gresch
03-15-2006, 10:12 PM
no, you can either synch a calendar OTA or you can synch a calendar via desktop connection, not both. It's either or.

bnandreu
03-16-2006, 10:58 PM
no, you can either synch a calendar OTA or you can synch a calendar via desktop connection, not both. It's either or.

Actually, you can do BOTH. Here is how I do it:

Work - BES/Domino 6.5/Wireless (OTA) Sync
Home - Desktop Manager (Intellisync configured for Outlook)/Outlook 2k3

When I get home, I turn off wireless sync for both the Address Book and Calendar. Connect the USB cable, open Desktop Manager, click Synchronize Now. Resolve any conflicts or simply accept the changes and your DONE! I then re-enabe wireless sync for Address Book and Calendar and voila!

Sometimes I get a message saying that some changes made while wireless sync was off may be lost, but I as of yet haven't had a huge issue with that.