PDA

View Full Version : OUTLOOK eats my email

ChrisH_Cincinnati
03-15-2006, 01:15 AM
I am sure this is a dumb question, but here goes. I am using a web-based pop3 email, when I do not have my outlook express connected I can get my emails on my handheld with no problems....the problems occur when I attempt to activate Outlook express. Then outlook gobbles my emails from my server and I do not get them on my device. I am sure this is some setting that can be changed, but I do not know the setting!!!

Please help someone if you can. I believe I am using outlook 6.0, i hope this is correct.

Thanks anyone and everyone!!!

Chris

whsbuss
03-15-2006, 06:46 AM
I am sure this is a dumb question, but here goes. I am using a web-based pop3 email, when I do not have my outlook express connected I can get my emails on my handheld with no problems....the problems occur when I attempt to activate Outlook express. Then outlook gobbles my emails from my server and I do not get them on my device. I am sure this is some setting that can be changed, but I do not know the setting!!!

Please help someone if you can. I believe I am using outlook 6.0, i hope this is correct.

Thanks anyone and everyone!!!

Chris

Sounds like your Outlook express needs to have the Leave Messages on Server checked. The BIS polls in 15 minute intervals and if the email has been off loaded to your Outlook it will not find any email to send to your blackberry.

REC
03-15-2006, 08:53 AM
Go into the settings for your email account and set the server to keep emails for 1 day.

Fkewl
03-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Roll up a newspaper, and hit your screen a few times yelling "Bad Outlook! Bad Outlook"

hehe..

Go (in Outlook Express 6) into "Tools" then "Accounts"
double-click your MAIL account (might need to go into Mail tab)
go into Advanced tab (last one)
in the "Delivery" , make sure "Leave a copy on the server" is checked
and choose if you want to remove from the server after a period of time, or when its in the deleted items folder

ChrisH_Cincinnati
03-15-2006, 09:42 AM
You all are the MEN!

Fixed,

Thank you!!8-)

takeshi
03-15-2006, 10:09 AM
and choose if you want to remove from the server after a period of time, or when its in the deleted items folder

This is important or else you'll max out your quota on your mail server.

asianmaze
04-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Could I clarify please (I know this is dumb but I am truly baffled) - does this mean my Outlook deleted items folder or my web based one? I use NTL for email.

Danimal
04-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Roll up a newspaper, and hit your screen a few times yelling "Bad Outlook! Bad Outlook"

hehe..

LMAO I was thinking the same thing when I read the topic.