PDA

View Full Version : Connecting laptop

Sreeram
03-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Hi,
I posted regarding data plan here before
and after reading the replies i thought of taking data plan. I was wondering if i a take an unlimited data plan for blackberry from cingular would i be able to connect my laptop to blackberry and use the same data plan to browse internet.
Please let me know. Thanks

kable133
03-15-2006, 03:25 PM
What model Blackberry do you have? Even if you could do it (which I am not sure you can), it would be insanely slow without an EDGE device.

jbairdjr
03-15-2006, 06:48 PM
I think that if you "tether" your Blackberry to a laptop, it will show up as extra data.
I had some data overages with Cingular, and the first question they asked was if I had tethered my Blackberry to a laptop (I had not). The data overages were from a 3rd party application, and they credited the amount back .
The STICKY explaining the process can be found here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2019

paulbblc
03-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Tethering will not produce extra charges if you have unlimited data. There's no way Cingular or any carrier can distinguish the difference between using GPRS data on your BB from that of GPRS data while tethered. It's the same data since your just hooking up your laptop to the BB and using it's GPRS data to connect.

coreyg510
03-15-2006, 08:37 PM
or you could just get a pc card.