PDA

View Full Version : Gmail and MSN email ?

thatboiwes
03-15-2006, 03:36 PM
I've been using an @<hidden> email account for a while now and just recently got a Gmail account as well, that way I can have my mail forwarded to my BlackBerry. My question is, is there any way to have my @<hidden> email sent to my @<hidden> account? I looked around MSN to set it up to forward it to my gmail but I can't find that option. In gmail under settings, I've added the @<hidden> email under accounts but that just seems to send from that email account, rather than recieve.

If anyone knows how to do this, or if it is even possible, I would appreciate it. And I know how everyone is hardcore about searching the forums before asking a question but only found questions about forwarding gmail to the BlackBerry.

Skrilla™
03-15-2006, 05:15 PM
I've been using an @<hidden> email account for a while now and just recently got a Gmail account as well, that way I can have my mail forwarded to my BlackBerry. My question is, is there any way to have my @<hidden> email sent to my @<hidden> account? I looked around MSN to set it up to forward it to my gmail but I can't find that option. In gmail under settings, I've added the @<hidden> email under accounts but that just seems to send from that email account, rather than recieve.

If anyone knows how to do this, or if it is even possible, I would appreciate it. And I know how everyone is hardcore about searching the forums before asking a question but only found questions about forwarding gmail to the BlackBerry.

I looked for those settings a while back and had no luck.

Aldazar
03-16-2006, 02:59 AM
I think to forward and/or remotely access MSN or Hotmail you have to pay for their premium service. The reason for this is that by doing either you bypass their ads.
If you're on T-mobile (not Cingular), I recommend you use Yahoo because Yahoo is on top of things and they have somehow configured their servers so that even with the free accounts you can have the email pushed in real time to your BB and automatic reconcilliation too! It's almost as good as having BES!
If you're on Cingular... Switch to T-Mobile! =P

berry-bum
03-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Switching to T-Mobile will NOT solve your problem. T-Mo does not allow any access to Hotmail or MSN mail. Don't let anybody tell you differently. And, a premium Hotnail account is no different. T-Mobile will not let you set up your blackberry to pull any Microsoft email.

Stinsonddog
03-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Cingular's new BIS will be late April if RIM comes through and Yahoo should be the way to go.

Seattle18
03-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Cingular's new BIS will be late April if RIM comes through and Yahoo should be the way to go.
Why doesn't Google set this up like Yahoo does? Since Gmail wants to be top dawg, you would think they would have done it already.

joaquin654
03-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Why doesn't Google set this up like Yahoo does? Since Gmail wants to be top dawg, you would think they would have done it already.

ok , i'm lost here . i have a free yahoo account and i cannot recieve my emails on my BB 8700c from cingular ... what gives ? i hear everyone saying get yahoo , it works , but i can't find a way to get it on my BB .

thatboiwes
03-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Oh well, it's not a big deal. I'm slowly changing everything over to my gmail account. I wouldn't switch providers just to get one e-mail accout to my phone. Besides, T-Mobile gets no reception where I live. A buddy of mine had the SideKick and was never able to use it.

What will be different about Cingular's NEW BIS?

Stinsonddog
03-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Check out my page on Gmail/Yahoo and see what the T-M upgrade offerred. Sparky won't get your Yahoo until Cingular does the upgrade. I am told they need something from RIM to finish. Lawsuit got in the way. Supposed to be March but likely April now. I am guessing that Gmail will get this functionality too at some point if they want to be top dawg.
What will be different about Cingular's NEW BIS?

stevew
03-19-2006, 12:33 PM

I don't see the problem with Google...my Gmail account can forward all or selected e-mail to my BB...

Stinsonddog
03-19-2006, 02:38 PM

I don't see the problem with Google...my Gmail account can forward all or selected e-mail to my BB...

The reference is to full webclient/hanheld reconcilliation. Currently Gmail doesn't support this like Yahoo.

Seattle18
03-19-2006, 02:52 PM
Yahoo accounts allow full reconciliation with the BB, not just pushed to it like Gmail accts.

stevew
03-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Got it now, thanks!! I use a BES, so I don't really have an issue but I can certainly see how others would.