PDA

View Full Version : JVM error 102

Alhawk
03-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Brand new 7130 from Verizon and got this error. Anything I can do to get past it or do I need to spend some quality time with the nucklehead Verizon techs?

KonTiki
03-15-2006, 10:11 PM
This is a learning experience is it not?

First thing to learn is how to use the search button above.

Having typed JVM error 102 look what I found:

03-04-2006, 01:32 PM #4
d_fisher
Super Moderator

Here is what Java error 102 means:

The system has checked the .COD files in the handheld for modification, and determined that there is a problem with one or more .COD files.

If all loads fail, it could indicate a build process error where there was a problem signing the codfiles.

If some user action to the device caused this problem, the reset cycle will be continuous since the code in the filesystem has been corrupted. The only recovery method is to wipe the device and restore a new system.

With the information you have provided, I think you need to completely wipe the device and reload the operating system. Download JL_Cmder (link in my signature) and use option #5 to wipe the device. Dont worry about the Desktop Manager not being able to see the BlackBerry after being wiped, this is normal. Then you need to download and install the operating system. See the BlackBerryOS Upgrade thread for OS download links and install instructions.

Like JavaLoader?
Try JL_Cmder!

Have questions?
Try searching!

Alhawk
03-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Yes, it is a learning experience. I'm a new user and actually didn't even SEE the search menu item until you pointed it out. My bad. I appreciate the response. Will give it a go.

JMAN71
03-17-2006, 04:56 PM
I had this with my 7100i straight out of the box. I did all the above and normally a week later it would still spit out the jvm error 102. After about wiping it 4 times, I finally got p**sed off and got a replacement. I have not had the problem since.

oldpirate
03-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Mine did this a week into ownership. I just got a new unit.

MI_BB_TECH
04-12-2006, 01:02 PM
We've had the same issues here at our shop... first we try reloading the OS and if that doesn't cure it.... OFF TO Nextel it goes... er.. I mean Sprint along with Nextel <G>

nsbalt
04-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Put me on the list for those who have encoutered the dreaded JVM ERROR 102!

I installed a trial app from Magmic. I did not like it and when I did a delete from my 8700c - - JVM ERROR 102 with the tiny reset button!! F#*&#!! Of course, the reset just looped!!

Did a wipe using javaloader and re-installed OS through the desktop manager. I had to manually select a few of the os apps to re-install. Had the service books resent (through Tmobile's site), reloaded my third party apps (had to re-enter the activation codes), searched for the "brushed metal" theme, did a restore from my backup file (from 4.09.2006) and I am finally back to where I was before all of this fun started!

Hopefully this will be the 1st and last time I have to do this!

sm22566
04-16-2006, 06:53 PM
did the java wipe,
reloaded the OS,

Sweet, back up,
thanks

kawonuga
05-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Put me on the list for those who have encoutered the dreaded JVM ERROR 102!

I installed a trial app from Magmic. I did not like it and when I did a delete from my 8700c - - JVM ERROR 102 with the tiny reset button!! F#*&#!! Of course, the reset just looped!!

Did a wipe using javaloader and re-installed OS through the desktop manager. I had to manually select a few of the os apps to re-install. Had the service books resent (through Tmobile's site), reloaded my third party apps (had to re-enter the activation codes), searched for the "brushed metal" theme, did a restore from my backup file (from 4.09.2006) and I am finally back to where I was before all of this fun started!

Hopefully this will be the 1st and last time I have to do this!

Im going through the same thing you just did. I unistalled a magmic at after resetting my 8700g, then I got the same error. That game might be a virus. After reinstalling everything I still cant get my bb and tmobile browser back. Any info?