PDA

View Full Version : 8700g Blackberry Browser Not Working

timay
03-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi All,

new to the forum, hopefully I'm posting in the right place!

I've recently upgraded from a 7290 to an 8700g Blackberry (on O2- UK)

I am the system admin for our company BES (Version 4.0)

I have had Blackberry Browser working on my 7290, but since I changed to my nw 8700g I am unable to access anything.

I get the "Authentication Required" screen for the network, which I put in my correct details, but then it just sit's there & eventually comes back saying "Connection Timout"

Is there anything I need to change on the BES for this to work? I have had a look, but can't see anything.

rcbjr
03-18-2006, 05:22 PM
If you are not aware of it, there is a BES Admin Corner Forum here on BBForums that might get a faster response than here. I don't know if this is an 8700 problem or BES so I can't help but just wanted you to know about the other forum.

Rcbjr

timay
03-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks, I'm not sure if it a BES problem or a Device problem either to be honest.

I'll wait to see if I ge a respose from here first, don't want to start posting the same thing in 2 placs- don't want to get into trouble, lol

Cheers anyway

timay
06-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Just thought I'd best reply to say I've fixed this problem (Just in case others have the same problem)

I had setup our BES for internal "Intranet" access only, so no access to the Internet. Internet access was needed to download some style sheet's apparently- I set this up & it all started working fine. Once the style sheets were downloaded I turned off internet access & it carried on working.

This is not a problem any more, as the "powers that be" have allowed internet access via blackberry's, at last!

dpagan$21
06-20-2006, 08:34 AM
u might have to update the bes to 4.1 because teh 8700 use the 4.1 software hope this helps

johnfromphilly
06-20-2006, 08:38 AM
u might have to update the bes to 4.1 because teh 8700 use the 4.1 software hope this helps

Dude, read the thread not just the first post.

Read the post above yours, not only does he say the prob. was fixed but also how he fixed it.