PDA

View Full Version : Exchange and Notes on Blackberry

cg1200
03-19-2006, 10:27 AM
My 8700 is hooked up to a BES server and receives my Exchange mail. I just joined another company whose mail platform is Notes but we will also keep Exchange for a while. I have the connector plugin that allows me to receive my Notes mail in Outlook but I cannot figure out how to get those messages (in an NST file) into my exchange mailbox and then to my Blackberry. My new company will not let me forward my Notes mail from their Domino servers to my Exchange box. It looked to me like a simple rule in Outlook 2003 would do the trick (just forwarding messages that land in my Notes account to Exchange) but the rule just will not work. I've looked at mail redirectors but they all require POP redirection or something like it which I can't do. It's killing me. I can see my Notes mail right underneath my Exchange mailbox but I cannot get it onto my device. Also forwarding to BWC is not an option due to security concerns.

Am I screwed?

whsbuss
03-19-2006, 11:15 AM
If your runing Notes 6.5 you can setup a rule to forward your Notes email to your Blackberry. Here the How-To link

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/270925/How_To_-_Set-up_a_forwarding_rule_in_Lotus_Notes_6.5?nodeid=1177439&vernum=1

nlk10010
03-19-2006, 11:50 AM
My 8700 is hooked up to a BES server and receives my Exchange mail. I just joined another company whose mail platform is Notes but we will also keep Exchange for a while. I have the connector plugin that allows me to receive my Notes mail in Outlook but I cannot figure out how to get those messages (in an NST file) into my exchange mailbox and then to my Blackberry. My new company will not let me forward my Notes mail from their Domino servers to my Exchange box. It looked to me like a simple rule in Outlook 2003 would do the trick (just forwarding messages that land in my Notes account to Exchange) but the rule just will not work. I've looked at mail redirectors but they all require POP redirection or something like it which I can't do. It's killing me. I can see my Notes mail right underneath my Exchange mailbox but I cannot get it onto my device. Also forwarding to BWC is not an option due to security concerns.

Am I screwed?

I'm not sure if this addresses your entire issue, but as I've recommended elsewhere, if your organization uses iNotes you can get your e-mail to your BB that way and you don't need to keep your PC running to do it.

HTH.

=NLK=

cg1200
03-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the rules menu isn't even available to me but I will double check. That's why I'm thinking I'm going to have to use some kind of client side rule or redirector. They really don't want people forwarding their Notes mail anywhere. I'm not sure what iNotes is to be honest (I'm really new to Notes). Is that like OWA?

nlk10010
03-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Yes, it is Notes' version of OWA. Generally, you would use a browser and go to mail.yourorganization.com to access your e-mails.

The neat thing about iNotes and the BB is that the BB can use the iNotes interface to retrieve/push your e-mail. Sometimes I even get it before my desktop PC does.

Very neat, except of course you're going to have problems with e-mails that contain iFrames. Basically, you won't be able to read them. But that's the case regardless of the BB method you use to get your messages.

=NLK=

cg1200
03-20-2006, 09:09 PM
I'll look into it, but I have a feeling the mail police at my company probably disabled this type of forwarding too. They are pretty thorough.