PDA

View Full Version : 7130e Email not pushing

bryanty
03-19-2006, 02:36 PM
I did a search but I couldn't find what I wanted. Anyways, I just got my new blackberry and yes I'm already addicted! So far, everything has worked perfectly, without any problems, except for some reason my email isn't pushing to my phone.

I set up an additional email account and it said it worked out fine, and when I send email from my blackberry it does work fine; however, I've been testing sending email to my additional account, but the email doesn't show on my blackberry. It does however show on my additional account.

The only way I've gotten email to show on my blackberry is if i send it directly to my blackberry email: the @<hidden> My question is shouldn't I be able to send email to my additional account and it should push to my blackberry? The account showed up as being alright, so its not that its not compatible or isn't it? thanks for any help.

apple85
03-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Why don't you tell us what service your other account is thru!
Also, did you set up the "other account" on the blackberry or for it to forward emails to your @<hidden> account?

bryanty
03-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Sorry didn't mean to give you a heart attack. It's Verizon, and I'm not quite sure what you mean by the other question, but I pretty much just followed that Getting Started CD on putting additional email acounts on. If it helps you for me to give you the "other account" then it's my college email. Thanks for the help.

apple85
03-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Alright well, so you clicked on the "Email Settings" button and set up the @<hidden> so what you should do now to get your college email "pushed" to your vzw account is set the college email to "forward" to the vzw and it will simulate push. works fast and it's just something you set up on the college side.

bryanty
03-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Ahh gotcha. So all I need to do is have it set up from my college email, instead of messing around with the blackberry website. I'm guessing that's why I didn't see any thing about having my email pushed forward. It makes sense at least so far. Thanks!

bryanty
03-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Just tried it. I got my college email to push, but I also tried an additional Juno account that I have but I couldn't get that to work. I think I need an upgrade for that, but thats okay. Again thanks

bryanty
03-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Sorry one more thing. I clicked in my account on BIS to leave a copy of the email in my college email mailbox, but apparently it's pushing the email to my blackberry but not leaving a copy in my real inbox. Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks.

BTW if I'm asking a question thats been answered a milliion times before then if someone could give me a link that would be great. I still couldn't find my answers in the search.

apple85
03-20-2006, 02:52 AM
ummmmmm if in the BIS site you clicked for it to leave a copy it will leave a copy on the original server (corrected THANKS WHSBUSS)... If I'm reading what you said correctly. On the college server you'll have to select a similar option (IE Keep a copy of forwarded messages in the inbox)

whsbuss
03-20-2006, 07:30 AM
ummmmmm if in the BIS site you clicked for it to leave a copy it will leave a copy on the BIS site... If I'm reading what you said correctly. On the college server you'll have to select a similar option (IE Keep a copy of forwarded messages in the inbox)

The "leave on server" option allows the original copy of email to remain on the polled server not the BIS.