PDA

View Full Version : Baked Berry

MISDBY1
03-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Help!

My Blackberry 7290 Is Out Of Warranty (coincidentally) And Now Crashes Every Time It Seems To Get Warm From Either Being In It's Holster, In My Pocket Or In My Hand For Too Long. It Works Fine As Long As It's Cool. This Is My Second Device With The Same Problem, The First Was Covered In Warranty.

Has Anyone Else Experienced This? Is There Anything I Can Do To Get Blackerry Or Cingular To Take Responsibility For This Defect? I Am Not Satisfied With It Enough To Pay The $220 For A Replacement And My Upgrade Option Isn't For Another 6 Months.

Any Ideas, Please Let Me Know.

Stinsonddog
03-22-2006, 10:48 PM
Ice in the pocket. Have you tried changing the OS on it to see if its more stable.

dc/dc
03-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Why is the first letter of every word capitalized?

coreyg510
03-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Why is the first letter of every word capitalized?

LMAO....yea why is that

Seattle18
03-22-2006, 10:56 PM
It's because when you try to use cap lock when making a post in here it will only cap the first letter of each word. That happened to me before I was a moderator, so maybe it only happens to non-mods, not sure.

coreyg510
03-22-2006, 10:58 PM
So If I Made A Post With Caps Lock On It Would Only Capitalize The First Letters? Maybe That Didnt Deserve A Lmao

dc/dc
03-22-2006, 11:02 PM
WTF mate? HAHA

That's a nice feature. Prevents n00bs like MISDBY1 from shouting. :)

Airmark1
03-22-2006, 11:36 PM

Airmark1
03-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Can you try a friends battery. See if there is a short with the battery or someting? Seems strange that the thing would over heat with just your hand.

Is it with Phone use or BB use? Both?

dc/dc
03-23-2006, 12:00 AM
bUT tHEN aGAIN I cOULD aLWAYS dO tHIS. sMALL cAP tHE fIRST lETTER aND bIG cAP tHE rEST oF tHE lETTERS.

lETS sEE.

iT is A lOT oF wORK jUST tO bE A dORK....

nOPE dOESN'T wORK.

yEP, vERY nICE fEATURE

Booooo Hiss!!!

MISDBY1
03-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Sorry guys, I'm a draftsman and we caps on Everything so it doesn't look strange to me and i forget about it.

Ice in the pocket isn't an option - but good suggestion. i don't know anybody else with a black berry to try their battery, and the battery is fully charged.

i have no idea how to change the OS, but i did reformat the device using the most up to date software from the BB website.

KonTiki
03-23-2006, 11:39 AM
To change the OS it is the same as what you already did but there maybe newer software for your device than what it is available at your provider. If you look at the top of this page there should be a blue button that says BlackBerryFAQ in there there should be a link to a thread called OS UPGRADES. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871)

Go there look for your device type and see who has the latest (the higher the number the newer the OS).

Download it from the link, install it on your machine with your BB disconnected. Search for a file called Vendor.xls in your c: drive and delete it.

Once you have done that you are ready to connect your BB to the PC, as soon as you launch desktop manager it should tell you that there is newer software and ask if you want to upgrade, tell it yes and follow the prompts making sure you tell it to do a backup prior to starting so that it can restore your software and data. Hope that helps you.