PDA

View Full Version : E-mail messages

weebl
03-24-2006, 04:45 PM
I have two little things that irk me about my 7100R when I read e-mail messages (get them through BES).

First is, within the first minute or so of receiving a message, if I pull it out of the holster, it immediately opens the new message. I don't always want it to do that.

Second, read receipts are automatically sent back when requested by the message sender. When problem clients e-mail me, I don't necessarily want them to know that I've read their message. Short of turning off wireless, reading the message, marking it unread, then turning wireless back on, is there another way around this? I don't mind if my BlackBerry permanently does not send read receipt messages.

Thanks! Sorry if this has been answered before, but I've tried a search unsuccessfully

juwaack68
03-24-2006, 04:48 PM
There is no way to turn off the automatic 'open when removed from holster' thing. Just don't pull it out of your holster for like 60 seconds and it won't open automatically.

The other option for sending the receipt is possibly in your email client. In Outlook (2003) to to Tools/Options/Email Options/Tracking Options and turn off 'process receipts upon arrival' options.

nycts
06-13-2006, 02:52 PM
There is no way to turn off the automatic 'open when removed from holster' thing. Just don't pull it out of your holster for like 60 seconds and it won't open automatically.

The other option for sending the receipt is possibly in your email client. In Outlook (2003) to to Tools/Options/Email Options/Tracking Options and turn off 'process receipts upon arrival' options.

Are you sure about not being able to turn this off? I configured 3 email accounts into my blackberry when I first got it and today is the first day I notice it doing that? (Im a total newbie, had the BB for less than 7 days...so Im paying close attention to it.lol)

rebeldevil2003
06-13-2006, 03:34 PM
i have had a 7100g since december and i have not found any way to disable the auto open feature. the only thing i can think of to solve your email return reciept problem would be to forward from your lst email address to a diferent email address and heve the blackberry set up on the second email address. not possitive this will work but i think it wil

fiery one
06-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I can not get my Nextel 7100i to send a read receipt back to the sender of the email. My boss requests read receipts on important emails and he never gets one from me. I am using the web client to push the email.

bbhscott
06-27-2007, 06:57 PM
you are right about it "suddenly happening....I have had this for a month..and just now it is auto opening when taking out of the holster immediately after getting the notification...so something changed???