PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Bookmarks Only

Knocka
03-24-2006, 07:21 PM
I am trying to figure out how to restore only the Browser Bookmarks. I tried a selective Restore, but when you highlight Browser Bookmarks, the transfer arrow refuses to activate (it only allows you to go from the BB to the PC). So, I tried a selective Backup of ONLY the Bookmarks, and then did a FULL Restore from that file. That returned an error message saying that you cannot restore read-only files. Then, I came across this thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=7270&highlight=Restore+Bookmarks

I was wondering if anyone knows if the advice in Post #2 will work on an 8700c. I am not expert enough to risk deleting the Service Book and hoping it will return.

Anyone?

Knocka

KonTiki
03-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Service books come from either your BES or your BIS(BWC) account. If you are on a BES I dont know enough about how they operate but your BES administrator I am sure can help you with that. If you are on a BIS account you can go to your web client account and resend yourself the service books, you can also do it form the BB itself, options->host routing tables->click wheel and select register.

Knocka
03-24-2006, 08:06 PM
I am on a BES. I assume there is a way to get back one Service Book, but until I know for sure, I don't want to take the chance of having to do a complete reactivation.

Knocka

KonTiki
03-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Your admin should be able to push service books to you, why dont you call them, possibly you might have to wait till the weekend is over.

Stinsonddog
03-24-2006, 09:37 PM
To get service books on a BES, go to Desktop Manager and manually recreate the encryption key.

Your admin should be able to push service books to you, why dont you call them, possibly you might have to wait till the weekend is over.

KonTiki
03-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks Stinsonddog, I have no experience with BES yet.

Knocka
03-24-2006, 10:53 PM
To get service books on a BES, go to Desktop Manager and manually recreate the encryption key.

Are you talking about under Redirector Settings | Security Tab where you can select Generate Keys Manually? I have never used this? What does it do? After it is complete, will it revert to Generate Keys Automatically?

Also, based on your advice, I assume you think it is reasonably safe to try this method and delete the Service Book because I will be able to easily get it back?

Thanks.

Knocka