PDA

View Full Version : Save every email you ever send or receive!

Seattle18
03-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Here is a link to a page I created using instructions from others in this forum which allows me to save every email I ever send or receive, from either Outlook, my BlackBerry device or Apple Mail (probably Entourage too, just haven't set it up - I hate Entourage!), all in one centralized, searchable location. The method uses Gmail's filtering/forwarding abilities, as well as thier awesome spam killer. With this in place you will maintain a searchable email database containing every email ever sent or received by you, regardless of where it was sent from, and it will remain accessible to you FOREVER.

DISCLAIMER: I use this setup myself, and so do several others in this forum, but I am not guaranteeing it will work with every email. The only reason I say this is because I have noticed that on certain emails I receive on my BB, when I choose to reply to it, I am not given the option to use Web Client, which is required for the saving portion. I am almost certain that pertains to those of us using a BES, and not to those using only a BIS with their cell company. So when I reply in those instances I do not get a saved version in Gmail of the sent email. But if I reply from within Gmail instead, I do get the save version. That is the only small bump I have experienced with this setup, and I just wanted it to be made clear from the outset.

Regardless, this system will serve you well in the future, that I can guarantee. Ever wish you hadn't deleted that email from last month? Ever wish you had a copy of an email you sent to someone who deleted it on their end, after you cleaned out your Sent folder? We all have had these issues, and this system can eliminate that problem.

Set it up, following the instructions precisely, and post your results in here. If you find any issues or alternative solutions, please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy!

P.S. If you need a Gmail invite, let me know - I have about 95 of them left...

Click here for the link to the instructions. (http://www.ocean18.com/GmailFiltering.htm)

(y)