PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Bharti Upgrade

jsweenie
03-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Okay I upgraded my 8700c following the online instructions here from Seattle. My husband's upgrade went fine. Mine not so good.

When I try to synch my data now I get an "unable to write update application data" and it happens when my address book gets synched. I deleted my IntelliSynch folder in My Documents but that didn't help. I took the battery out of my 8700c to reset it but that didn't help.

Did the update corrupt my 8700c's internal database?

How can I get all my address contacts over to the 8700c now? Everything else synchs up fine.

Stinsonddog
03-27-2006, 11:52 PM
I don't use Outlook but I do recall reading that some sort of config file needed to be deleted. Someone will come along here or use the search function.

jsweenie
03-28-2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the reply. I did a search but didn't get any usable returns. I'll hope someone might be able to give me directions. Thanks.

jsweenie
03-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Does anyone have any advice for me on how to fix this?

hypermaster
03-29-2006, 05:07 AM
i had the same problem with my 7100g upgrade..
i simple deleted all the data first & then restarted the phone.. & then reloaded the firmware again.
It nows works perfectly.

BTW dont do a backup & restore..somehow when u restore the data..it does not write properly..
always sync again. & install whetever u want again.

SilverSurfer95
03-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Does anyone have any advice for me on how to fix this?

Hi there,

I certainly am no GURU but I did experiment with several O/S upgrades before settling on Bharti. I did find that if you remove or rename the vendor.xml file, it will allow the reload of OS. Someone mentioned that one has to follow the instructions very carefully and like most, I need to learn the hard way. All is fine.

http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=26764

Step 5. was what I am referring to. Best of luck

jsweenie
03-29-2006, 12:45 PM
Hypemaster -- Are saying I should wipe my 8700c and then reinstall everything? If so, will the Desktop Manager recognize the wipe and reinstall Bharti?

SilverSurfer95 -- I was very careful. I renamed the vendor file. We did two Bharti upgrades here. One worked. One didn't quite get my address book working right.

SilverSurfer95
03-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Hypemaster -- Are saying I should wipe my 8700c and then reinstall everything? If so, will the Desktop Manager recognize the wipe and reinstall Bharti?

SilverSurfer95 -- I was very careful. I renamed the vendor file. We did two Bharti upgrades here. One worked. One didn't quite get my address book working right.

Hey jsweenie,
I am at a loss. I did a manual backup of everything before launching into this. The deletion of the vendor.xml file was the trick to the install for me. Dumb question: is the troublesome unit unlocked? I am not the expert that some others are. There is also a function under security options (under setup) called "WIPE HANDHELD". You may wish to consider that before the upgrade. I wish I could help you more. Best of luck.

cooperpwc
03-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Hi jsweenie,
I am not sure that this will help but....
the first time I installed Bharti it did not take well. I received a 'Java nulpoint exception' whenever I rebooted the machine. The real problem was that communication through my PocketDar RSS reader was terrible.
I wiped the OS with Desktop Manager ('Advanced' option) and reinstalled the Bharti OS. The second time was a charm. It works perfectly.
So my suggestion is to try again. Be sure to delete the Vendor file and replace the Blackberry.alx file.