PDA

View Full Version : Cannot send e-mail from blackberry? Can't auto-more? Read:

headtailgrep
02-05-2005, 09:25 AM
This is being put here for the record. I expect others with this problem to *search* and find this thread:

If you are having the following symptoms:

* You can recieve mail on your blackberry
* When sending mail you get a red X, and cannot figure out what's wrong
* When you try to view a large message, 'more' or 'auto more' fails to deliver any additional message
* You have noticed the error "TRANSACTION ERROR - DECRYPTION ERROR'

You will probably be in the same boat I found myself in. Here is what's wrong, and how to fix it:

* I encountered this problem with the redirector only.
* I use Outlook 2003 for my mail client

Your encryption key is the likely cause of the problem. The encryption key is stored in two locations, once on the Blackberry by means of Web Client or Desktop service books. The second location is on your PC in a database (if you use the redirector).

You could try deleting these service books and re-sending them to you. You could also try creating a new encryption key usign the redirector's advanced functions.

You may have been like me and tried reinstalling your OS, deleting the relevant encryption key service books, generating new keys, and it still did not work...

You may have also tried removing/reinstalling the desktop software. Perhaps you took it further and recieved instructions for a manual uninstall (deleting all files, temp directories, shared files, and registry keys!) which did not solve the problem..

The solution if you have to go this far: dbclean.exe. Rim support has a file that is designed to solve this problem, it searches your MAPI profiles on your hard disk (for redirector or BES) and removes the encryption key.

From there, the next time you connect your blackberry to the desktop manager software it will ask to generate a new key automatically, and off you go. You may be required to re-set your blackberry filters or other redirector settings.

This was the ONLY way i could solve my problem and i went 2 MONTHS without being able to send mail through my redirector. However, i had capability through web-client the entire time..

To get dbclean.exe i would call your service provider, or RIM support (if you have tsupport) and tell them this is the solution to this problem. If that fails, go to rim directly, tell them your desperate and your provider won't help you as they are unaware of the solution.

Thirdly, you could PM me and i could send you the file... this was a nasty problem and I dread having anyone else go through this..

- headtailgrep

jibi
02-05-2005, 10:19 AM
I expect others with this problem to *search* and find this thread

:D

Mark Rejhon
02-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Good information. Thanks!

If you know of any other threads that has similiar problem reports, or a specific troubleshooting FAQ somewhere, let me know and I`ll add a hyperlink to this thread.

It`s a relatively obscure problem, but definitely a useful contribution (like my problems with the Home Address not synchronizing properly, while Work Address does -- it was a known BlackBerry Desktop 4.0 field mapping issue that needed to be manually fixed, if installing on top of Desktop 3.6)

T-Roy
02-05-2005, 08:28 PM
My users that have had this problem sometimes can just wipe the service books to fix it, sometimes regenerating an enc. key, sometimes dbclean, sometimes apploading, sometimes using javaloader to wipe the handheld... Its not clear cut that dbclean is the only resolution.

headtailgrep
02-05-2005, 09:01 PM
No, but i am just trying to STOP my case from EVER happening again.

all this does is add to the pool of knowledge.. this being the free pool of knowledge.. RIM has a big one but you have to pay for it =)

w1tmd
02-16-2005, 10:37 AM
You can't make up how frustrating this problem is, and how simple this forum made it to fix! Worth every second I've spent here. Why the heck don't the tier 2 folks read this?

THANKS to all who have me up and running!

jibi
02-16-2005, 11:42 AM
RIM has a big one but you have to pay for it =)

actually, its not much different than the free knowledge base. a few articles here, a few articles there, a few thousand dollars spent. :)

ldblf2
02-16-2005, 04:24 PM
To get dbclean.exe i would call your service provider, or RIM support (if you have tsupport) and tell them this is the solution to this problem. If that fails, go to rim directly, tell them your desperate and your provider won't help you as they are unaware of the solution.

Thirdly, you could PM me and i could send you the file... this was a nasty problem and I dread having anyone else go through this..
- headtailgrep
... or look here: http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=44521

Jg
02-26-2005, 05:29 PM

- headtailgrep
... or look here: http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=44521

Running dbclean.exe on my XP system crashes the dbclean app (the one downloaded from the link mentioned) ... hence, still having the same problem :(

lg777
03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Ran db clean and now I can receive email BUT lost my wireless calender and cannot receive messages cause I get a decryption failure. Now what?!?!?

WolfKeeper
03-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Running dbclean.exe on my XP system crashes the dbclean app (the one downloaded from the link mentioned) ... hence, still having the same problem :(

RIM told me to run the app in compatibility mode -- set it to Windows 2000. Worked for me.

Jg
03-01-2005, 09:14 PM

RIM told me to run the app in compatibility mode -- set it to Windows 2000. Worked for me.

I had to turn off "Cached Exchange Mode" on the profile, then dbclean.exe run perfectly. Everything works well now.

Thanks for the help, everyone.

chuy
03-01-2005, 11:44 PM
I\'m not a newbie to BB, but a newbie to redirector. I want to use it on my comp at home for personal email, and run webclient for my work email, because my home comp is on all the time. But, I\'ve been told that it only works with an exchange email address (or notes, etc.)

Do all you guys have exchange addresses? Or am I just going about this wrong? I have a POP email through my ISP, run win2k, and use outlook as my PIM.
%D0ASo, theoretically, this will work in my case? Is that what I understand?

Posted wirelessly from a BlackBerry using wap.BlackBerryClub.com

kimojoe
03-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks to all who contribute.

Can't even imagine how long this one would have taken on the phone with
"Support" ......

dbclean did the trick!

WNO
05-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Great thread, thanks for everyone's efforts! For the purpose of "completeness," I'll mention in this thread that, as someone mentioned in another thread, dbclean seems (at least for some users, like me) to work better when the Desktop Manager is running. But, after running dbclean, I had to exit/restart the Desktop Manager for the changes to take effect.

ABuehrlen
08-07-2005, 05:48 AM
hey i have a 7510 and cant send or recieve messages at all. I did a service book copy to get the browser on my blackberry and cant get the service books from the webclient to resend so i can fix the issues. im NOT using enterprise sever. im using web clinetor redirector option in desktop. Is there anything you can suggest? can you send me dbclean.exe if you think that will help. I really miss my email.

Thanks
ABuehrlen

ABuehrlen
08-11-2005, 06:04 AM
nevermind i fixed the issue all is cool

headtailgrep
09-07-2005, 03:03 PM
I see now that RIM in release notes for Desktop Software 4.0.1.x has acknowledged and fixed this error.

(4.0 Sp1)

sarcoid
09-08-2005, 11:53 AM
thanks for the post headtailgrep. after you run the dbclean you need to stop the redirector and manager then start them again. worked like a charm.

mchbberry
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Another Newbie here.
I've been following this thread and another in this forum about the "Decryption failure" issue and have tried the various suggestions (including dbclean), but I'm still having problems. We have a BES running against Groupwise 6.5.4 and one admin machine with the Desktop software (version 4.01) that was used to setup the handhelds. It ran fine for two weeks - I upgraded to sp2 on the BES and changed the IT policy last Wednesday and the handhelds (6) haven't been receiving email since. I even tried running the Blackberry app on the server to generate a new Trusted Key. I can send a test message from the BES to a handheld - they are just not receiving email (and Browser) even though I can see the BES login to Groupwise if I restart it.
Any ideas gratefully appreciated!!

mchbberry
09-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Just answering my own post here - somebody else may find this useful. This is probably obvious to others, but I'm still a newbie. Before you try troubleshooting everything else, make sure you've got encryption set to AES and not 3DES when using 4.0 with Groupwise 6.5.4. (Its in (oops!) the installation guide.)

Gmouth
03-09-2007, 11:27 AM
I still am having the issue with one user not being able to send. Did everything as noted above...waiting on the phone with RIM now for 1 1/2 hours. Any other suggestions?