PDA

View Full Version : HELP: No new email messages are coming through

Bardy
03-28-2006, 11:04 PM
My last message was over 8 hours ago on my Blackberry 7250 (Verizon) - I checked my email on a laptop and there are dozens of them. I tried the soft reset - I tried taking out the battery. I can't seem to get messages flowing again.

My colleagues are not having the same problem, so I doubt it is network/server related.

Any ideas?

whsbuss
03-29-2006, 07:33 AM
My last message was over 8 hours ago on my Blackberry 7250 (Verizon) - I checked my email on a laptop and there are dozens of them. I tried the soft reset - I tried taking out the battery. I can't seem to get messages flowing again.

My colleagues are not having the same problem, so I doubt it is network/server related.

Any ideas?

Are you on a BES or BIS, or both? Have you tried sending directly to your vzw.blackberry.net address?

SMorganPhoto
03-29-2006, 07:48 AM
Assuming that you are on BES:

Right-click Microsoft Outlook.
Click Properties.
Click the Delivery tab.
Check under Deliver new mail to the following location: to make sure that the Mailbox - customer name is selected.

Generate a new encryption key.

Cradle the device.
Start the Desktop Manager.
Click Start.
Click Programs.
Click Blackberry.
Click Desktop Manager.
Double-click Redirector Settings.
Click the Security tab.

Click Generate keys manually.
Click Generate.

Click Yes.

Move the mouse around randomly when the following box comes up.

Once this is complete, click Apply.

Once completed, the Status field will read Up to date.

Click Generate key automatically.

Click OK to exit Redirector Settings.

Check the Blackberry Desktop Redirector.

Click Start.
Click Programs.
Click BlackBerry.
Click BlackBerry Desktop Redirector.

Confirm that there is a server name listed next to the Status field.
If there is no server name listed, contact the NOC Messaging group and confirm that the customer has an account on the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES).
If there is no BES account for this customer, first check to see if there is an open Move, Add, Change (MAC) request for the BES account to be created.
If there is no MAC request, then the customer will need to contact their Contract Technical Representative (CTR).

Confirm Redirector Setting Configuration.

Cradle the device.
Open the Desktop Manager.
Click Start.
Click Programs.
Click Blackberry.
Click Desktop Manager.
Click Redirector Settings.
Under the General tab, check the Redirect incoming messages to your handheld box.

In the Filters tab, make sure that there are no filters and also that Forward messages to the handheld is selected.

tekjock
03-29-2006, 08:21 AM
I have seen this on a couple of my users BB's. The only way I have seen to resolve this is to re-do the enterprise activation.

Any thoughts on why this happens.

Tekjock

bnandreu
03-29-2006, 08:38 AM
This happened to me when i was dorking around at home and installed Desktop Manager at home with the BES option. I had to reactivate to get it to point to the BES and receive it's service books.

tekjock
03-29-2006, 09:35 AM
This happened to me when i was dorking around at home and installed Desktop Manager at home with the BES option. I had to reactivate to get it to point to the BES and receive it's service books.

I have done this in the past and have never had a problem, But now I am unable to activate.

keeps saying ::
Activating...
Retrying...
Retrying...

I have the BB in a place where it has full signal, I mean ... we have cell repeaters in here.

Thanks
Tekjock