PDA

View Full Version : Cingular BIS; Can't get past configuration page on handheld

Stinsonddog
04-02-2006, 05:20 PM
When I log into the cingular BIS I get to a page that allows me to add accounts, change my sent from address, and change the handheld assigned to my account. There is no frame or choice to go to the inbox or other folders. This is on my 8700. I have tables enabled in the Browser Options. What do others see?

teskew
04-02-2006, 05:30 PM
I see the same thing you are seeing. I have a 7290 and I went to www.cingular.com/blackberrystart and I don't see any option to view inbox.

coreyg510
04-02-2006, 06:10 PM
At least you all have data. I have a DCR error and Tech is closed. When will they understand that they need to be open 24/7?

rcbjr
04-02-2006, 07:10 PM
When I log into the cingular BIS I get to a page that allows me to add accounts, change my sent from address, and change the handheld assigned to my account. There is no frame or choice to go to the inbox or other folders. This is on my 8700. I have tables enabled in the Browser Options. What do others see?
----

Have you tried going in though the HTML access for the Webclient (https://webclient.blackberry.net/WebMail/Window.jsp?site=mycingular). I don't like using it because it uses frames, but it will work in an emergency. At least it did the last time I tried. Took forever though.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

Stinsonddog
04-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

That's the one I have been using. Is there a WAP version I should try?

rcbjr
04-02-2006, 09:53 PM
I have never found one. I only used it once from my BB. I don't know what my settings were. Don't even remember why now. I do remember getting to where one of the frames was the inbox, but that's about all.

Sorry
Rcbjr

rcbjr
04-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Ok, I just tried this again, and it isn't the same page that I got the last time. I haven't logged in lately from my PC and the last time I tried from the BB I got a page asking which frame I wanted to use. Apparently it's reacting differently in responding to b
the BB now.

Too late for me to do anything else for now.

Rcbjr

teskew
04-03-2006, 02:46 PM
No dice for me either...same login page as blackberrystart.

teskew
04-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Okay, I found the answer....I logged into the Cingular/Rim Customer Forum and asked. The guy told me the inbox on the webclient website is only viewable from a PC...Weird, huh?

rcbjr
04-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Ok, I checked in on my PC and everything was normal. It went to the URL listed in my previous post, https://webclient.blackberry.net/WebMail/Window.jsp?site=mycingular. When I go to that same link using my BB, the URL for the page it goes to is https://provisioning22.blackberry.net/wml/splashPage.jsp?site=mycingular&locale=en&action=getSite.
So we're not getting to the same place. Must be redirection based on accessing from the BB.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

Sorry, the website changes the links but you can see that they are different. If you highlight each and click L you can ger the full URL

teskew
04-03-2006, 07:10 PM
That's really weird...I have tried both addresses and it always kicks me to the same one.

Stinsonddog
04-04-2006, 02:33 AM
That's really weird...I have tried both addresses and it always kicks me to the same one.

Everyone thanks for trying. To me this doesn't make sense. But what the heck. Can't wait for the new BIS and full reconcilliation. Hope all of you are well.