PDA

View Full Version : Giving Help desk admin rights to BES.

xmis1
04-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Hi,

I would like to give our help desk admin rights to start adding and removing users whithout having them use the bes service account which has send as and receive as which in turn will allow them to access mailboxes. We definetly do no want them to have access to mailbox. I was thingking of creating an account or a group, give that account view only admin rights on exchange and then administer the information store. Will this work? also, what kind of SQL rights do they need? Our DB is on a separate SQL 2000 box.

Thanks

tomryan
04-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Hi,

I would like to give our help desk admin rights to start adding and removing users whithout having them use the bes service account which has send as and receive as which in turn will allow them to access mailboxes. We definetly do no want them to have access to mailbox. I was thingking of creating an account or a group, give that account view only admin rights on exchange and then administer the information store. Will this work? also, what kind of SQL rights do they need? Our DB is on a separate SQL 2000 box.

Thanks

I think you will find it much easier to accomplish this if you upgrade to BES 4.1 as 4.1 supports various roles.

xmis1
04-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Upgrading to 4.1 is not in the radar right now. We are sticking with 4.0 for some internal reasons.

Thanks

earth
04-03-2006, 11:19 AM
if your helpdesk is anything like ours I'd steer well clear of giving them access to the BES. haHA

PlatzDa
04-05-2006, 10:01 AM
We are in the same boat here - in need of tiered admin roles. We opted to upgrade rather than open the admin can of worms...

Jase88
04-05-2006, 10:19 AM
As mentioned above, its a feature of BES 4.1