PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry for lefties

bbgurl171
04-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Anyone out there a lefty bb user and find it annoying to use the current devices?

finch
04-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Nope no issues at all, trust me I suffer from pretty bad leftism! Just keep telling yourself it can't be any worst than being a lefty and have to write within a three ring binder! Need I say more...

bbgurl171
04-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Hahahahha...so true finch !!

SMorganPhoto
04-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Nope no issues at all, trust me I suffer from pretty bad leftism! Just keep telling yourself it can't be any worst than being a lefty and have to write within a three ring binder! Need I say more...

Oh. My. God.

I would go nuts

purephase
04-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Umm... couldn't you just write on the left-hand side instead of the right? Am I missing something here?

coreyg510
04-03-2006, 06:52 PM
True, but then you have to write on the back of every page. Just think about it.

I am a lefty... I have heard it is a sign of genius. :wink:

NJBlackBerry
04-03-2006, 07:01 PM
From Wikipedia:

"Throughout history being right-handed was considered normal (the Latin word dexter meant "right" and is associated with skill, while the Latin word sinister meant "left" and is associated with wickedness)."

And if y'all have problems with the right handed BlackBerrys, just turn the,m upside down!

T-Roy
04-03-2006, 07:36 PM
I have no problem. I use my index finger on my left hand, or god forbid, if I should use my right hand, my thumb retains the required amount of dexterity.

:razz:

Michbb
04-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I almost do everything left handed unless what I am doing makes me do it right handed. So I think if they introduced a left handed blackberry I would still use the right because I've gotten used to it.

WozniakMac
04-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Lefties Unite!

cybermikey3
04-03-2006, 09:56 PM
you know, now that i think about they should make a left handed blackberry! hah, nah it doesnt really bother me too bad but sure it would be nice.

Soapm
04-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Only good thing about lefties is the handshake should be cleaner.

rgabel
04-05-2006, 07:55 AM
I learned a long time ago that growing up in a "right handed" world meant that you needed a certain level of adaptation. However, my "adaptation" is so bad now that I can't even use scissors with my left hand anymore.

tobenning
04-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Anyone out there a lefty bb user and find it annoying to use the current devices?

I use my blackberry in whichever hand it happens to be in. Thumb of my right hand and middle finger with my left hand.

Koperry
04-05-2006, 12:50 PM
You got that right, I'm a leftie and I've pretty much gotten so used to doing things right handed that about all I do is write as a leftie.

ShaneToronto
04-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Why can't lefties ever write in regular notebooks/binders/etc? I don't understand the problem. Is it the position of the hand vis a vis the rings?

gwbishop
04-05-2006, 05:02 PM
ShaneToronto -- you are definitely NOT a lefty. Try it and you will see the problem.................

gwbishop

RxistKJ
04-07-2006, 04:12 AM
...or you could get the new SE M600i when it is released? Jog-dial wheel is on the left and supports BB Connect:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_loader&php=php1_10385&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10385

Corman
04-07-2006, 05:24 AM
From Wikipedia:

"Throughout history being right-handed was considered normal (the Latin word dexter meant "right" and is associated with skill, while the Latin word sinister meant "left" and is associated with wickedness)."

So that explains all those years of getting in trouble. Now I can better embrace my wickedness. :x

As for the three ring binder that is just a pain in the a@<hidden>#.

roofus
04-07-2006, 06:32 AM
I learned a long time ago that growing up in a "right handed" world meant that you needed a certain level of adaptation. However, my "adaptation" is so bad now that I can't even use scissors with my left hand anymore.

I have the same problem, my secretary bought me left-handed scissors, trying to be helpful, but I can't use them because I've used right-handed ones for so long.

fxstsb
04-12-2006, 11:33 AM
What I find annoying is the ALt M. An automatic spell checker might fix that.

Rushjerzee
04-18-2006, 08:44 AM
I've gotten used to doing everything right handed...I would guess I wouldn't know what to do with a left handed BB....though maybe the trackwheel could be on the other side??? NAH....

The binder thing does get irritating Corman...I have to agree

timshwak
04-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Writing with a pen or magic marker is not that easy when you don't want ink on your hands wither

Kablooey
04-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Isn't the design of a three ring binder to allow the easy removal of the pages? Why can't you write what you need to and then put the pages back in?
Maybe we can make a new language for left handed people. It could be just like english...but everything is backwards. Each letter could be reversed...evcept for letters like l,i,o,x,w etc. that look the same even when reversed, and you could write right to left instead of left to right...

Sounds like FUN

CanuckBB
04-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Isn't the design of a three ring binder to allow the easy removal of the pages? Why can't you write what you need to and then put the pages back in?
Maybe we can make a new language for left handed people. It could be just like english...but everything is backwards. Each letter could be reversed...evcept for letters like l,i,o,x,w etc. that look the same even when reversed, and you could write right to left instead of left to right...

Sounds like FUN

Hebrew 8-)

longshot
04-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Most left handed people do not have a dominate side of their brain like right handed people do. Also left handed people on avergae have a higher IQ than that right handed people, right handed people do almost everything right handed while most left handed people use both hands.

Alot of the great minds throughout history were left handed including, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Ludwig van Beethoven, Benjamin Franklin, Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, and Julius Caesar just to name a few.

You guessed it I am a lefty also :)

Koperry
04-19-2006, 02:22 PM
And another lefty, no problem with the blackberry though

DocGo
04-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Most left handed people do not have a dominate side of their brain like right handed people do.
Most left handed people are still left brain dominant (about 70% compared to almost 100% of right handed folks being left brain dominant).
BTW, I am a neurologist.

Barrikin
04-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Another left person here.. But I can use my BB with my right just fine...

Man, I hate 3 ring binders as well.

I use to start at the back of the binder and go to the front. Worked for me :)

hooba
04-19-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm another lefty that uses the BB with the right w/ no problems...have been doing it for 5 years now.

I used to catch a baseball with my left, take the glove off, pinch it under my arm and then throw with my left.

longshot
04-26-2006, 07:39 AM
Most left handed people are still left brain dominant (about 70% compared to almost 100% of right handed folks being left brain dominant).
BTW, I am a neurologist.

can't argue with a neurologist now can I :) my statement was based on reading that I have done and i guess wrong. Some test I had years ago said the right side of my brain in the dominate side for me so I guess I am in the 30%

taeisme
04-26-2006, 09:11 AM
I am a lefty and have no problems here.

Soapm
04-27-2006, 03:49 AM
BTW, I am a neurologist.

Is your avitar professional advice or a self portrait?

Seriously, is it true surgeons must use their less dominant hand during med school? Does that develop the other half of their brains or just improves the dexterity in their other hand?

jfisher
04-27-2006, 08:52 AM
i'm so happy to be a lefty. at school it meant i was different and so automatically got cool points. no prob using a bberyr though, i just use my index finger automatically when it's in that hand, it works well in both.

romerom
04-27-2006, 02:06 PM
lefty here too!! tho i play guitar "right handed" i think its more because its all that was around at the time.. left for writing, throwing, ***** slappin hoes

RWill1
04-28-2006, 12:23 PM
I am left handed but I have the ability to control it with the right or the left hand. Just like i can use a right handed mouse in the left or right hand....

getthething
05-02-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm right handed and wish the BB was setup for lefties. For some reason i talk with the phone in my left hand.

joginder
05-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Hey, Try typing up side down

harryzuluberries
05-03-2006, 01:04 AM
binder issue solved: spiral notebooks with rings on the right (a Godsend in college!) or spiral top bound notebook

world being right dominant: everyone else is abnormal and lefties are the misunderstood and underappreciated geniuses!

blackberry being designed for righties: i channel the spirit of my left hand into my right and everything works out just fine.(y) (notice the left handed thumb!)

jungleland
05-03-2006, 10:34 AM
I am a lefty and the BB works fine for me, I would be retarded using my left hand
on the trackwheel...