PDA

View Full Version : 7100i on nextel data plan question

EditionFWS
04-04-2006, 04:51 PM
hello. i just got a data plan on nextel. the guy did it over the phone, and i was curious when it will be activated, or if i have to do anything special. he told me it would be activated today, but its not working. any ideas if i have to do something?

EditionFWS
04-04-2006, 05:26 PM
also, this is the plan im bought. this will work for my BB right?!?

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/en/services/plans/standard_data.shtml

GoblueNextel
04-04-2006, 06:57 PM
I do not think that will work. You have to have either a 5mb or unlimited Blackberry Data Plan.

The plan you show is for regular Nextel phones.

You need this:

http://www.nextel.com/en/solutions/blackberry/email.shtml

EditionFWS
04-04-2006, 09:19 PM
are you serious??

39.99 is way to much for me to be spending for a plan like that. so my ONLY way to send a PIN message is with that plan??

with the plan i have, what can i do with it with the BB??

GoblueNextel
04-04-2006, 09:23 PM
As far as I know. There are numerous threads on this. In those threads people have said that it is automatically added (the 39.99 one). It is assumed that RIM (BB Manufacture) has an agreement with Nextel that these are manditory, which is how RIM makes money.

EditionFWS
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
really? i didnt know that. thanks for your help.

Knine
04-04-2006, 10:08 PM
are you serious??

39.99 is way to much for me to be spending for a plan like that. so my ONLY way to send a PIN message is with that plan??

with the plan i have, what can i do with it with the BB??

I actually have the 7100i also through Nextel. I am SHOCKED you still have service. I was told by Nextel that in order to have a Blackberry Nextel phone, you HAVE to have the DATA Plan for the Blackberry, either the 5mb or the unlimited.

I was told they will deactivate your phone one they determine you do not have a data plan for the blackberry.

It appears you have the standard phone data plan which if far different than the data plan for the bb's.

look at the bb's as almost a small handheld computer, not a phone. It has full internet access, obviously with some limitations.

Also, the 7100i from Nextel DOES NOT do SMS - JUST A BEWARE! If you want to TEXT with a normal phone, you get to SEND THEM AN EMAIL to PHONE@<hidden> :)

GoblueNextel
04-04-2006, 10:18 PM
really? i didnt know that. thanks for your help.
\If you are unable to pay this, I highly recommend you return the phone as I am most certain you will have to pay the minimum $39 plan.

EditionFWS
04-04-2006, 11:38 PM
right now on nextel i am paying about 110 a month. i can get the same coverage on cingular for 90 (with unlimited and all) i may do that...