PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry 7290 and Infrared?

RochesterBBOwner
02-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi...Does the BB 7290 support infrared transfer of data? I see what looks like an infrared window on my BB, but I do not see a way to enable. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

NJBlackBerry
02-07-2005, 07:20 PM
A quick search on the word "infrared" would have found several threads asking the same question. The answer has not changed.

There is no IR circuitry in the BlackBerry - in any BlackBerry. There is not way to enable this missing IR.

JesseJ
03-08-2005, 08:42 AM
A quick search on the word "infrared" would have found several threads asking the same question. The answer has not changed.

There is no IR circuitry in the BlackBerry - in any BlackBerry. There is not way to enable this missing IR.

Out of pure curiosity, what would be the reasoning RIM would have for simply creating a dummy IR Port?

trox_355
03-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Out of pure curiosity, what would be the reasoning RIM would have for simply creating a dummy IR Port?

CYA?

scotth
03-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Last year I asked a devloper this and he said that they had discussed it at one point, but chose not to due to their commitment to long battery life and security. Why they never bothered to take it out of the case is beyond me though! :?